ALL >> Health >> View Article
Cosmetic Dentistry Improvements With Dental Veneers
Total Articles: 499
Cosmetic dentistry treatments are designed to improve the appearance of a smile. The specific treatment will depend on what aspect of the smile needs to be improved. Teeth whitening treatments are done to remove teeth discolourations and stains; orthodontics move crooked teeth into a straighter position; dental implants replace the form and function of missing teeth.
A treatment with dental veneers provides cosmetic dentistry improvements in a quick and minimally-invasive manner. Veneers are called “instant orthodontics” because they can be used to improve the appearance of crooked teeth, without the long waiting time associated with using orthodontic braces. Veneers are also used to improve stained or discoloured teeth, especially in cases when the stains cannot be removed by a teeth whitening treatment.
Cosmetic Dentistry Problems Solved with Veneers
• Stained or discoloured teeth
• Chipped or broken teeth
• Improperly-aligned or crooked teeth
• Irregularly-shaped teeth
• Worn teeth
• Gaps or spaces between teeth
The Veneers Treatment
The veneer treatment usually requires two trips to the dentist. The first visit involves the tooth preparation, wherein around half a millimeter of the tooth enamel will need to be removed. The amount of enamel removed will match the thickness of the veneer which will be placed on the tooth’s surface. There is usually no discomfort felt during the removal of the enamel, but a local anaesthetic can be used if there is any pain felt during this step.
After the tooth has been prepared with the removal a thin layer of enamel, an impression of this tooth will be taken. The impression will be sent to a dental laboratory, and will be used as a guide in the creation of custom-made veneers. The veneers are customised to make sure that they will match the colour of the patient’s natural teeth.
The affected tooth will need to be prepared before the customised veneer can be attached. The tooth will need to be polished, cleaned, and roughened; the roughness of the tooth’s surface adds to the strength of the bond between the veneer and the tooth. A special cement material is used to attach the thin veneer shell to the tooth, while a special light will work on activating the bonding properties of the cement so that the veneer can permanently be attached in a quick manner.
After the bonding material has hardened, any excess material will be removed, and the bite will be evaluated to check if adjustments are needed. This is to make sure that the veneer feels comfortable in relation to the smile, and the overall bite.
The London Dental Studio is dedicated to providing total patient care with some of the high qualified and experienced dental surgeons in the UK. Our dentists are supported by in-house professionals in all fields of cosmetic dentistry, dental implants and a full range of routine dental treatments. Visit our website at www.londondentalstudio.co.uk to book your appointment.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel