ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Staring Your Own A/b Or Multivariate Test Using Google Website Optimizer
Total Articles: 27
The Google optimizer is quite a neat tool used by SEO experts around the world who wish to continually track the performance of their websites and make sure that they follow a progressive trend.
A common way to pursue this tracking using the optimizer tool is to set up an A/B or Multivariate test, and here is how.
1. Consider your Test Scenario
The more thought that goes into setting up the testing experiment, the more reliable will be the outcome in the long run. While you are creating a test, ask yourself the following –
* What are your business objectives?
* Which of these two methods is ideal to test your goal?
* Which pages do you intend to test?
* Where should you start?
Your choices will typically be – the homepage, the product page, the checkout process and the category pages.
2. Which Test are you going to conduct?
In most scenarios, you will find that the A/B tests are easier to perform since they demand less time and can be easily used to design major design related decisions. This form of testing is often recommended when there is a fewer number of visitors using the page that is being tested. On the other hand, Multivariate tests can be slightly more complex, since it allows you to put to test multiple variables and take longer to conclude. This form of testing demands higher traffic.
3. How Many Visitors will your test page receive and what are your conversion rates?
The answer to this question will influence how long your test will be required to run for. The higher the number of visitors, the faster you will be able to achieve your test objectives. The lesser the conversion rate, the longer it will take to complete the test.
4. What elements should you consider that will impact the conversion rates?
While testing on the Google Optimizer tool, you need to take into account elements such as the images, the content, the offerings, the overall layout, the headline, the call to action buttons, and other elements that consist of your page.
5. Contemplate a little more about your Testing Scenario
One of the biggest problems that website testing experience are attributed to poor test design. It is always good to spend some time and re-think the answers to your questions in step one and make sure you are designing a perfect test in one go!
Setting up the Test with Google Optimizer
If you plan to set up a test for a static page, the process is quite a cake walk. However, when you want to test a page for a running ecommerce store that exists on a specific custom, hosted or open source platform, chances are that you will face a few issues. It is best to hire professional website optimizers in such cases.
Another challenge that you will face is after the test in complete. Interpreting the data and acting upon it accordingly can be quite a challenge for a layperson. For example, you may be required to know that if you run a test on a blog, your conversion might be an RSS subscription as well as a comment from a reader. On the other hand, when testing a content site you may have to consider subscriptions, shares and page views. For lead generation sites you will have to account for the number of people who register or fill out a contact form.
Sanjeev Chuadhary is an expert writer who shares his knowledge about web development and internet services through their published articles and other resource. He always shares the new information about multilingual seo company. His article about seo services and SEO outsourcing Company are highly praised by the readers.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Be An Expert In Social Media To Give Your Visual Content Marketing A Good Mileage
Author: Amit Sahoo
2. How To Market Your Website Properly For The Maximum Benefits?
3. Web Hosting
4. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
5. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
6. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
7. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
8. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
9. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
10. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
11. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
12. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
13. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
14. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
15. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon