ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How Effective Is Antivirus Software On Smartphones?
Total Articles: 566
Our iPhones or Android devices are not just phones but powerful computing devices in their own right. This means that smartphones are vulnerable to malwares and viruses causing them to crash, send spam mails or dial premium-rated numbers automatically.
Android devices face the maximum attacks, comprising 95% of the smartphones threatened by malware in 2012. User downloaded apps provoke nearly 55% malware attacks leading to personal information theft. Rogue versions of almost all successful Android apps have managed to sneak into the app markets. With nearly 70% smartphones worldwide powered by Android, the dangers of malware intrusions increase in magnitude. On the other hand, the Apple App Store follows a strict “walled garden” approach to restrict the entry of unscrupulous apps. iPhone users are also less prone to use illegitimate app markets, which protects them from malwares.
Antivirus software products are designed to scan devices for malware content. Users can verify individual apps and files using antivirus apps. Advanced antivirus apps also offer tracking and locating services in case of a stolen device. If required, they can remotely control and erase the data on a device.
However, apart from a few, most have proved to be ineffective, especially free apps. The usefulness of antivirus softwares is often limited by the internal architecture of smartphones, which is vastly different from that of computers. The operating system of smartphones does not allow interaction between different apps. Sandboxing all the apps into their own environments provide strong security to the device from within. This feature also disables antivirus software from scanning other apps and files automatically. Moreover, Smartphone antivirus follows an outdated technique of malware detection, which renders them incapable of detecting new kinds of virus.
The combined use of antivirus software and anti-theft practices can protect your device from harmful attacks. A few simple practices that can be implemented to safeguard your Smartphone from malware attacks are:
1. Downloading only verified apps sanctioned by official sources, especially for online banking applications.
2. Using quality antivirus software to regularly scan the device and other apps.
3. Updating the Smartphone to the latest operating system.
4. Enabling lock screens, pass codes and tracking features.
Best Deal Computers, a premier Repair Shop in Chula Vista is one of the best places to find top antivirus and security software. You can be assured of your Smartphone’s security with their range of effective malware protection for your device.
Computers Articles1. Defend Your Business From Ibm I Series Disaster Recovery Mistakes
Author: Noah Truax
2. Best Free Online Project Management Software
Author: Case Camp
3. Optimizing The Contract Management Process
Author: James Blake
4. Affordable Services For Xbox One Repair Glasgow
Author: Tony Blair
5. Things You Need To Know Before Choosing Free Proxies
8. Windows Update Error 80244018
9. Major Factors Affecting A Successful Implementation Of Hospital Management System
Author: sanchi mehra
10. Quick Fixes For Sony Playstation 4 Repair Leeds
Author: Tony Blair
11. Ecommerce Development In Prahladnagar
Author: ECommerce Development in Prahladnagar
12. How Norton App Lock Works?
Author: James Watson
13. How To Determine & Choose Best Online Cloud Backup Services ?
Author: Vidhi koya
14. Issues & Fixes For Xbox One Repair London
Author: Tony Blair
15. Microsoft Customer Service Your Way To Success
Author: Janey Smith