ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Are Places To Visit In Madurai ?
Total Articles: 76
Madurai is considered one of the ancient cities of India, having the old world charm, situated on banks of river Vaigai. The city is popular for its temples, monuments and also called the Athens of the east. Bulit around the Meenakshi Amman temple, had once been captured by Cholas, when there was rule of Vijaynagar kingdom, it flourished. The city is known as temple city due to its beautiful architecture in temples. Also referred as The City of four Junctions, cultural capital of Tamil Nadu, City of Jasmine, City that never sleeps and city of festivals. You can explore the South India by visiting here and with excellent transportation, accommodation facilities and so many places to visit in Madurai, there is not any reason not to go and explore the city.
There are many Madurai tourist places apart from Meenakshi Amman Temple, Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal, Gandhi museum, St Marys church, Goripalayam Mosque, Azhagar Koil, Yaanaimalai etc. There are several accommodation options available starting from Low budget class to luxury hotel, there are also good three star hotels available for visitors. The hotels are having comfortable rooms, multicuisine restaurant with delicious food, mini bar etc. The other facilities include colored television, attached bathroom, running hot and cold water and you can feel the ease of home and you can feel that your spending is value for money. When you will come here you can experience the fragrance of Jasmine and traditional temples.
During month of April and May people come here to participate in Chithrai festival, which has been one of the most important events in the city. The people who come for places to visit in Madurai takes some time to participate in the events of the city. It is said that the festival is related to celebration of the wedding of Goddess Meenakshi Amman to Lord Sundareshwar. You can see elephants, camels dressed up, huge crowds and musical instruments played, street vendors offers eatables. There are processions all around town especially around the streets that surround the temple. It is almost like a great wedding with photographers all around. Madurai is well connected by air, rail and road transport. It is well connected with all the major cities across all over India and has several bus stands. People use rickshaws to travel within the city and also for connection purpose major National highways are there. The Madurai is having active night life and many hence truly called City that never sleeps and restaurants remain open till late hours so that people can enjoy and relax.
Travel Articles1. Dfw Airport Shuttle Service & Other Options - Know Why They Are Best For Airport Ride
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Cheap Boat Rental In Miami – Things You Should Know
Author: Pavel Pinchuk
3. Apply For An Australian Eta Visa
Author: Patricia Ehic
4. How Can A Taxi App Benefit An Existing Taxi Operator?
5. Holidays At Nepal Himalaya
Author: Sudip Shahi
6. Kerala Holidays Packages – Enjoy The Amazing Natural Beauty
Author: Top Travel
7. Angola Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: Dinesh Varma
8. Visit Interesting Attractions During Your New York Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. 10 Travel Tips For Your First Trip To Turkey
Author: Archis Roy
10. Why Should You Book Galveston Transportation For Your Vacation?
Author: Phillip Mihatov
11. Wedding Transportation Fulfilled In Washington Dc Via Limousine In Dc
Author: Wedding Transportation Fulfilled in Washington DC
12. Taxi Services In Dehradun, Dehradun Taxi Service
13. Make Your Tour Outstanding With India Holiday Packages
Author: Tree Trunk Travel
14. Enjoy The Combination Of The Remote Valley On Choosing This Trekking Service
15. Enjoy Everest Base Camp Trek With Best Travelling Experience