ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Qualities That Are A Necessity For An Online TranslatorBy Expert Author: Devid Leesmith
A professional online translator can be described as a writer who is concerned with formulating ideas in words which are addressed to readers. The sole difference that exists between the original writer and the translator is that these ideas are that of the former. And therein lies the challenge. It won't be wrong to state that the responsibility of the translator is greater than that of the original writer because the experiences of a completely different individual have to be relieved by him. No matter how flawlessly he may dive into the inner depths of the mind of the writer, some linguistic differences and other difficulties may still stop the two documents from being totally identical or equivalent.
That is why, you should be fully prepared and become well-conversant in it before entering the field. Here are some to-do things for a novice or aspiring online translator:
· Read for main ideas, details and gist.
· Identify the level of language used in the text, such as religious, slang, standard etc.
· Identify the style of the writer, like scientific, literary, persuasive, informative, argumentative, technical etc.
· Identify the meaning of new expressions and words with the help of one or more of the contextual analysis, such as examples, antonyms, synonyms etc.
· Identify the meaning of new expressions and words with the help of one or more elements of the structural analysis clause, such as sentence pattern, punctuation, word order, roots, suffixes, prefixes etc.
· Identify cultural associations in the selection of words in the document.
An online translator first needs to analyze the text, then break it down into its structurally clearest and simplest elements, and finally transfer the message into the target language in the most appropriate form for intended readers. Four primary macro-skills that are necessary for an online translator are reading comprehension, analytical, composing and researching skills.
The best online translators need to be aware of the problems associated with the job. Translation problems can be classified into two categories – cultural and linguistic. The former includes varied situational features while the latter comprises grammatical differences, meaning ambiguity and lexical ambiguity. For instance, you can be faced with six key problems while trying to translate a document from Arabic to English. These are syntax, morphology, lexicon, textual differences, pragmatic factors, and rhetorical differences. A translator needs to know how to overcome these problems and do not let them affect the quality of translation.
The richness of vocabulary, vision and depth of culture of the online translator have a very visible effect on the quality of work produced. A fairly satisfactory version of the same document may be produced by another translator. Thus, you can understand that being a translator is not a very easy job; it requires a lot of dedication, knowledge and continuous learning. You need to possess all the qualities mentioned above in order to be good at it. It is also important to remain updated about the developments happening in the literary and linguistic field to make sure your translation is 100% accurate.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Web Hosting
2. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
3. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
4. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
5. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
6. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
8. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
9. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
10. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
11. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
12. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
13. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon
14. Google Adwords Service Provider - Market Your Business With Google Adwords
15. Why You Need A Digital Marketing Consultant
Author: Dilate Digital tells why you need digitalmarketing