ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Qualities That Are A Necessity For An Online Translator
Total Articles: 1
A professional online translator can be described as a writer who is concerned with formulating ideas in words which are addressed to readers. The sole difference that exists between the original writer and the translator is that these ideas are that of the former. And therein lies the challenge. It won't be wrong to state that the responsibility of the translator is greater than that of the original writer because the experiences of a completely different individual have to be relieved by him. No matter how flawlessly he may dive into the inner depths of the mind of the writer, some linguistic differences and other difficulties may still stop the two documents from being totally identical or equivalent.
That is why, you should be fully prepared and become well-conversant in it before entering the field. Here are some to-do things for a novice or aspiring online translator:
· Read for main ideas, details and gist.
· Identify the level of language used in the text, such as religious, slang, standard etc.
· Identify the style of the writer, like scientific, literary, persuasive, informative, argumentative, technical etc.
· Identify the meaning of new expressions and words with the help of one or more of the contextual analysis, such as examples, antonyms, synonyms etc.
· Identify the meaning of new expressions and words with the help of one or more elements of the structural analysis clause, such as sentence pattern, punctuation, word order, roots, suffixes, prefixes etc.
· Identify cultural associations in the selection of words in the document.
An online translator first needs to analyze the text, then break it down into its structurally clearest and simplest elements, and finally transfer the message into the target language in the most appropriate form for intended readers. Four primary macro-skills that are necessary for an online translator are reading comprehension, analytical, composing and researching skills.
The best online translators need to be aware of the problems associated with the job. Translation problems can be classified into two categories – cultural and linguistic. The former includes varied situational features while the latter comprises grammatical differences, meaning ambiguity and lexical ambiguity. For instance, you can be faced with six key problems while trying to translate a document from Arabic to English. These are syntax, morphology, lexicon, textual differences, pragmatic factors, and rhetorical differences. A translator needs to know how to overcome these problems and do not let them affect the quality of translation.
The richness of vocabulary, vision and depth of culture of the online translator have a very visible effect on the quality of work produced. A fairly satisfactory version of the same document may be produced by another translator. Thus, you can understand that being a translator is not a very easy job; it requires a lot of dedication, knowledge and continuous learning. You need to possess all the qualities mentioned above in order to be good at it. It is also important to remain updated about the developments happening in the literary and linguistic field to make sure your translation is 100% accurate.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Reach Target Audiences For Your Business Faster With Pay Per Click Advertising
Author: David Halpin
2. Why You Must Never Overlook Amazon Ppc Optimization
Author: Mouzzam Jafri
3. How To Get Your Article Reprinted By Publishers
Author: Andrew Mccann
4. Moving To The Top Of The Search
Author: 180 fusion
5. Top Reasons To Hire An Adept Seo Service Provider
Author: Jack Johnson
6. Facebook’s Latest Algorithm Change And Its Impact On Brands!
Author: Vicky Mamoria
7. Guest Blogging : New Way To Reach A Wider Audience
Author: Hvantage Technologies
8. How To Choose The Right Wordpress Theme For Your Website
Author: Mouzzam Jafri
9. Why Is Web Development Company Better Than A Freelancer?
Author: Yogesh Sharma
10. Hire A Reliable Online Marketing Agency
Author: Gabriel Fulton
11. Importance Of Focusing On Blog’s User Experience For Effective Web Marketing
Author: Frisco Web Solutions
12. Cybersecurity Education And Training - A Rising Concern For Businesses
Author: ANUP KR KHATWANI
13. Why Post Classified Ads In Dubai
Author: alma miller
14. Use Free Classified Ads In Dubai
Author: alma miller
15. How Internet Marketing Helps Your Business Earn Recognition
Author: Web Click India