ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Qualities That Are A Necessity For An Online Translator
Total Articles: 1
A professional online translator can be described as a writer who is concerned with formulating ideas in words which are addressed to readers. The sole difference that exists between the original writer and the translator is that these ideas are that of the former. And therein lies the challenge. It won't be wrong to state that the responsibility of the translator is greater than that of the original writer because the experiences of a completely different individual have to be relieved by him. No matter how flawlessly he may dive into the inner depths of the mind of the writer, some linguistic differences and other difficulties may still stop the two documents from being totally identical or equivalent.
That is why, you should be fully prepared and become well-conversant in it before entering the field. Here are some to-do things for a novice or aspiring online translator:
· Read for main ideas, details and gist.
· Identify the level of language used in the text, such as religious, slang, standard etc.
· Identify the style of the writer, like scientific, literary, persuasive, informative, argumentative, technical etc.
· Identify the meaning of new expressions and words with the help of one or more of the contextual analysis, such as examples, antonyms, synonyms etc.
· Identify the meaning of new expressions and words with the help of one or more elements of the structural analysis clause, such as sentence pattern, punctuation, word order, roots, suffixes, prefixes etc.
· Identify cultural associations in the selection of words in the document.
An online translator first needs to analyze the text, then break it down into its structurally clearest and simplest elements, and finally transfer the message into the target language in the most appropriate form for intended readers. Four primary macro-skills that are necessary for an online translator are reading comprehension, analytical, composing and researching skills.
The best online translators need to be aware of the problems associated with the job. Translation problems can be classified into two categories – cultural and linguistic. The former includes varied situational features while the latter comprises grammatical differences, meaning ambiguity and lexical ambiguity. For instance, you can be faced with six key problems while trying to translate a document from Arabic to English. These are syntax, morphology, lexicon, textual differences, pragmatic factors, and rhetorical differences. A translator needs to know how to overcome these problems and do not let them affect the quality of translation.
The richness of vocabulary, vision and depth of culture of the online translator have a very visible effect on the quality of work produced. A fairly satisfactory version of the same document may be produced by another translator. Thus, you can understand that being a translator is not a very easy job; it requires a lot of dedication, knowledge and continuous learning. You need to possess all the qualities mentioned above in order to be good at it. It is also important to remain updated about the developments happening in the literary and linguistic field to make sure your translation is 100% accurate.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Start Couponing And Save Money At Gotmatter
Author: Naveen srinivas
2. Why Marketing Your Book Is Important
Author: John Fleming
3. Why Use Instagram To Promote Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
4. Why Consider Instagram Over Twitter For Marketing Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
5. 5 Ways To Improve User Engagement On Instagram
Author: Luke Lemke
6. Importance Of An Online Directory For The Construction Industry
Author: John Smith
7. Use The Important Investment Tips To Be More Benefitted
Author: David Johnson
8. Never Ignore These Mobile App Development Suggestions By Digital Marketing Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
9. Top 5 Reason To Hire Digital Marketing Company For Sme’s Business:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
10. The Prominent Uses Of Webcasting In Business Management
Author: Dreamcast UAE
11. It’s Time To Move From Local Stores To E-commerce Websites !
Author: Vijay solanki
12. 10 Reasons Why You Should Enlist Your Construction Business In Online Directory
13. Startup Consulting Firms – Coordination Is Important
Author: Script Technology
14. How To Select The Best Application For Card Processing System
Author: Styling Boostar
15. Brandzam: Unique Website Names At Affordable Prices
Author: parveen kumar