ALL >> Service >> View Article
Notable Changes In The Subclass 457 Visa Scheme
Total Articles: 7
Recently, on the 1st of July 2013, some crucial changes were introduced in the 457 program and it is essential that every employer sponsoring their employees towards this visa should be aware of these changes. It is expected that these changes will have a significant effect on the way in which businesses have previously used these programs. Some of the expected impact of these programs is discussed below:
Even the applications that were lodged before 1st July 2013 and have not been decided upon will not be provided any exemption from the new requirements that are outlined below:
Application fee: It is found that a great increase has been brought about in the application fee to be paid towards 457 Australian Visa. Earlier the fee for 457 visa was $455 and now it is $900. For 457 nomination, it was $80 and now it is $330. The fee towards SBS approval remains the same. Earlier, no fee was charged for 457 dependant irrespective of whether they are under 18 or over 18, but now the fee is $255 and $900 respectively. Earlier, there was no fee for onshore extension, but now, it is $700. So, the total new fee is $3505, which was $955 earlier.
Sponsorship cap: Earlier, Standard business sponsors were provided the opportunity to sponsor any number of employees under 457 Australian Visa. But, now, they will have to justify the number of workers to be sponsored as a part of the approval process. Only the immigration department will decide on the number of workers that an employer will be able to sponsor. There will be a specific limit and once this cap is reached, the employer will have to apply again for altering the terms to permit sponsoring of more employees.
Newly established businesses: Earlier, the validity period lasted for three years and employers were able to sponsor subclass 457 visa holders for a maximum period of four years. From July 2013, newly established businesses with less than one year of existence can get approval only for 12 months. For more details in this respect, businesses can get in touch with contractor management companies, who can provide the right kind of information in this respect.
Sponsorship training requirement: From the date of approval, the training obligation will be valid for 12 months. For meeting the obligation, it is essential that businesses will have to keep the complete records of training.
As mentioned earlier, further details in this respect can be obtained from contractor management companies.
Pendragon can provide excellent guidance regarding the requirements of licensing in specific cases, and most importantly untangle the possible problems prior to commitment. Also we provide integrated people management support to you in many key areas including, 457 australian visa, Payroll and Salary Packaging, Contractor/Employee Management, Back office services, and many more. To know more about salary packaging company, visit us online.
Service Articles1. Dial 1-800-752-629 Lenovo Customer Service Number To Get Better Assistance
Author: Bene Hencock
2. Sagittarius 2017 Horoscope Predictions
3. The Best Practices To Follow For Organising A Successful Q&a With A Live Webinar
Author: Dreamcast India
4. Software Development Company
5. Commercial Kitchen Designing Met Thoroughly With Proper Technicians
Author: John Watson
6. Things You Should Keep In Mind While Buying A Garage Door In Boise
Author: Kevin Bocchini
7. Face-to-face Or Phone Psychic In Melbourne: Myths Busted
Author: Roosy Singh
8. Business Development Speakers: Key Business Challenges Faced By The Management Consulting Firm
Author: Strategic Catalyst
9. Making Domestic Move Easier With Credible Packers And Movers Delhi
Author: anjali behera
10. Collaborate With Hills Plumbing Company To Solve Plumbing Issues
Author: Kate McCullough
11. The Purpose To Choose Embroidery Digitizing Software:
Author: sophia laly
12. Using High-pressure Water Blasting Equipment For Your Industry
Author: Jack Genova
13. Hassle-free Shifting With Reliable Packers And Movers
14. Professional Bed Bug Control - Safest Way To Get Rid Of Bugs
Author: Steve Stein
15. Outsource To India During The Holiday Season
Author: Abhishek Singh