ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Is Outsourcing Social Media Marketing Complicated?
Total Articles: 1
Mastering social media marketing is not as easy as it looks. Had that been the case, nobody would have ever needed the help of social media experts to popularize their social media channels. You have to consider following things before you flatly refuse to outsource your social media activities.
1. You need a lot of knowledge:
One needs to know a lot of things and learn about many types of social media practices to have a successful social media campaign. You need to be updated about ongoing trends, monitoring users interests and likings and molding your strategies accordingly.
At the same time, one needs to keep up with regular work and business activities.
2. You have a job of doing your business:
For a Social Media Marketing professional, effectively keeping up with social media is like having another 40-hour-a-week job. You need to consider this fact because you have another 40-or-so-hour-a-week job which is your business.
3. Doing it yourself can be a disaster if you are not well-versed with social media trends:
If you are not well-versed in social media and how to use it for marketing your business, you would be better off social media outsourcing to a specialist company. There are constantly new developments, new applications and uses, new websites, upgrades and updates to existing websites, new technologies and so on.
One wrong move on Social Media can create disasters as anything can go viral on Social media and once it sets on fire, it's damn difficult to stop it.
4. Social media marketing is time-consuming:
Social media marketing takes time. It takes a lot of time to build and grow. Planning and implementing the right social media marketing plan is time consuming. It does not come in an instant. Even writing, posting, and monitoring progress also takes time. It needs consistency and monitoring to get desired results.
5. What to outsource and what not to outsource:
Its an interesting question about which the companies struggle a lot. It’s a fact that no one can understand your business better than you; and hence brands/companies hesitate to give the promotions in hands of external people. Brands try to hire in house resources for basic tasks like content creation. However a lot of tasks like strategy, monitoring and analytics, assessment of strategies, applications development etc needs the experience. Such tasks are worth outsourcing as it saves a lot of efforts and gives value for money.
Based on internal management and teams, companies decide to outsource complete or partial part of project.
6. Seasonal Decisions:
This is found more in case of startups. They tend to outsource their Social Media Activity in specific seasons. For example – Giftings, Apparel, Cosmetics, Chocolates etc based startups sees more sales during Christmas, Valentine day etc. Hence instead of having a round the year campaigns, they hire experts for such limited time frame to leverage it to the best
7. Concerns over Communication and Project Management
Recently the outsourcing to offshore countries has been trending a lot. Companies from USA, Australia, Canada, UK are outsourcing their Social Media projects to Indian companies.
Lot of companies fear about the communication and management aspects of such projects. However with the outsourcing revolution companies are getting more mature with their work process to manage Social Media Outsourcing projects.
Online browser based project management tools, VOIP solutions, Skype, Screen Sharing tools, teamviewer and now google hangouts are making the communication and project management easier.
As long as you know your capabilities and understand the required efforts the decision of outsourcing Social media will not be complicated at all.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Start Couponing And Save Money At Gotmatter
Author: Naveen srinivas
2. Why Marketing Your Book Is Important
Author: John Fleming
3. Why Use Instagram To Promote Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
4. Why Consider Instagram Over Twitter For Marketing Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
5. 5 Ways To Improve User Engagement On Instagram
Author: Luke Lemke
6. Importance Of An Online Directory For The Construction Industry
Author: John Smith
7. Use The Important Investment Tips To Be More Benefitted
Author: David Johnson
8. Never Ignore These Mobile App Development Suggestions By Digital Marketing Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
9. Top 5 Reason To Hire Digital Marketing Company For Sme’s Business:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
10. The Prominent Uses Of Webcasting In Business Management
Author: Dreamcast UAE
11. It’s Time To Move From Local Stores To E-commerce Websites !
Author: Vijay solanki
12. 10 Reasons Why You Should Enlist Your Construction Business In Online Directory
13. Startup Consulting Firms – Coordination Is Important
Author: Script Technology
14. How To Select The Best Application For Card Processing System
Author: Styling Boostar
15. Brandzam: Unique Website Names At Affordable Prices
Author: parveen kumar