ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Non-vegetarian Pickles – Top Indian Varieties
Total Articles: 11
The non-vegetarians reading this – we know who you are.
When we talk of pickles, we often think of the mango pickles, the lemon pickles, the garlic pickles, and the likes. While all of these are delicious accompaniments, the main ingredient that’s pickled is either a fruit or vegetable.
Pickling in India is, however, not restricted only to fruits and vegetables. Meat is popularly pickled and eaten in different parts of the country, especially in the coastal areas. Take, for instance, the prawn pickle, whose magic is spread across the coasts of Andhra and Goa. From Andhra, we also get another popular non-vegetarian pickle variety – the mouth-watering Andhra chicken pickle.
There are other varieties as well. So without further ado, let’s delve into the most popular Indian non-vegetarian pickle varieties.
Andhra Chicken Pickle
The king of all Indian chicken pickles, if we may call it that, the Andhra chicken pickle is a fiery hot and spicy chicken pickle. It doesn’t have to be spicy, though. By adding chili powder in small quantities, you can reduce the spicy tadka and still relish the joys of eating the Andhra chicken pickle.
The recipe is simple enough to be made at any time. Boneless chicken is mixed with spices that include ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and other ingredients. If made well, you’ll be left wanting more.
Note that the Andhra chicken pickle doesn’t have much of a shelf life.
The mutton pickle is a more uncommon delicacy in comparison to the chicken pickle. There are different kinds of mutton pickle varieties available, but the popular type is one in which boneless mutton is pickled.
Different people make mutton pickles differently, but a typical ingredient is the sunflower oil. As long as you use quality sunflower oil and add less salt, your mutton pickle will turn out just fine.
Some of the ingredients used in making mutton pickle include vinegar, black cardamom, red chilies, mustard oil, and cloves. This variety, too, doesn’t have much of a shelf life.
Prawn Balchao, or pickle, is a non-vegetarian pickle variety that’s popular in coastal Goa and Andhra. The prawn balchao served especially in Goa is outstanding in its taste.
Prawn balchao is made by first grinding fresh prawns to a paste and then adding spices to it in coconut vinegar. Sometimes, a thick red, tangy sauce is added, which takes the dish’s taste to another level. The end result is that the pickle tastes sour, sweet, and spicy all at the same time.
Prawn balchao is best served with plain boiled rice or daal and rice. Serve this at a get-together at home and you’ll find a train of people asking you for the recipe.
Whether it’s chicken pickle, mutton pickle, prawns pickle, or its variants, you’ll find all of it at Picklemasti. Just visit http://www.picklemasti.com and search under the different pickle categories provided on the page. With a few mouse clicks, you can order your favorite pickles and get it delivered to your house.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Pre Workout Meals Toronto – The Best Thing For The Fitness Buffs
Author: oliver shin
2. Food Delivery Toronto – For Those Who Want To Eat Healthy Always
Author: oliver shin
3. High Protein Fitness Meals Are For Those Who Wish To Remain Fit On A Long Run!
Author: Bruce Willis
4. London Best Chinese Food Is Served Under The Best Setting!
Author: Ron Michel
5. Escape The Typical! Blast Your Party In A Gracious Restaurant Setting!
Author: Nadia Turov
6. Alaskan Smoked Salmon May Be The Ideal Addition To Any Present Basket
Author: Ross Barkely
7. Eating-on-the-go: The Funda Behind Smart Snacking
Author: Urmin Group
8. Reasons To Hire A Birthday Party Buffet Catering Company
9. Global Dietary Supplements Market Size And Market Share
Author: Shivani Singh
10. The Way You Can Make Your Corporate Event The Best Tool To Propel Your Business
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
11. Guidance On How To Behave On Your First Date At A Restaurant
Author: Mathew Gomes
12. Distribution Services For Easier Access To Goods
Author: Chetan Rathod
13. Wholesale Vape Supplies: Crucial Tips For Prolonging Your Battery Life
Author: Ben Oesterling
14. Throwing A Party? Don’t Organise A Fancy Party, Feed Your Guests With A Creative Menu!
Author: Mario Sazos
15. Distribution Companies
Author: Aniket Vichare