ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Are You Aware Of Dos And Don’ts Tasks For Cleaning Granite And Marble Countertops?By Author: angelina naorem
Decorating a kitchen by fitting tiles on floor and granite countertops adds extra beauty to a home. Equally you should know how to clean granite countertops and other dos and don’ts task about cleaning granite tops in your kitchen. Granite is a porous stone yet sensitive material. For maintaining the shiny look, it is essential to clean the granite top with utmost care. Granite tops in kitchen are easily exposed to heat and there remains oil based streaks and hard stain. It is wrongly presumed that granite or marble can be cleaned of easily with water. But actually, cleaning of both these granite and marble requires appropriate equipment and right cleaning materials; otherwise those may spill out, damage the granite surface and may come in contact with other chemical substances.
To start the process of cleaning granite counters, it is important to remove the rubbles and utensils kept on the top. Rubbles and stains are not easily visible on granites, thus it needs to clean the whole top. You can loosen the stain left in your countertop before cleaning it. A large number of women soak a cloth in soapy water and cover the top with plastic wrapper for a sometime and later wipe it off with microfiber cloth. Mixing few drops of alcohol with cleaning water also give positive results. People also use baking soda to remove hard stains and oil based stains from the top. It is effective and used as a multipurpose cleaner. Use of stone cleaner, dough scraper and cleaning spray way also help to wipe of hard stain. A few of women like to use Clorox wipes for removal of streaks on the tops. A pH based cleaner is most often suggested to use for cleaning purpose and to avoid wash-liquid with acidic elements or using bleach.
Regularly sweeping, dusting and wiping with cleaner are ideal to maintain shining and clean of counters and also the kitchen. The longer a stain or streak sits on a granite top, the more difficult it will become to remove it later. There are a number of suppliers who keep a large number of counter cleaner, and you can get the right one for you. By visiting retail shops, you will get enough idea about the types of granite cleaners. You can also explain the retailer the type of cleaner and polisher that you are looking for your kitchen. You can also ask a trained professional for cleaning, resealing or polishing your granite top or granite flooring to keep the kitchen area beautiful and clean.
Steve Walker has been a craftsman in stone and marble for 20 years and in his long career has practised as a marble countertop and terrazzo floor tiles .
Follow his Facebook AAA Marble Care and Article here:http://goo.gl/gfxVz8
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald