ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips For Polishing Marble Surfaces
Total Articles: 73
Glittering and shining marble floor is something that hardly ever goes unnoticed. It doesn’t matter where it’s installed; marble flooring is able to greatly enhance the beauty and look of any house giving it a sparkling appearance.
Nevertheless, in time, marble flooring can lose its shine if it isn’t taken care of. There are countless ways to polish and maintain marble flooring in order to retain its glazing look. Here are some great tips for effectively polishing and cleaning marble to extend its shine.
Marble, being a solid rock that is crystalline and metamorphic, has been used for countless centuries. However, over time marble may be susceptible to stains thereby losing its look and luster. In order to regain the original color and look that it may have once had, it does require the occasional polishing and cleaning. Also, being unknown to a lot of people, regular cleaning can not only help maintain marble’s shine, but also its durability. Please note we’re not pointing to the fact that one must clean the entire marble area, instead just the small path or area that needs regular polishing or cleaning in order to maintain its durability. As marble is a very durable rock, it’s commonly used for table tops, bathroom tiles, floor tiles, e.g. Also, a very common type of surface product that is used for these is what is known as veneer marble. Also, tile product colors that are often used are White Carrara, Battucino, or beige marble products, to name a few.
With all of the different options that are available, we shall take a quick look at some of the simple and easy techniques to polish or clean marble. It can be very effective for cleaning virtually any marble surfaces, such as marble floor tiles, marble columns, marble fireplacesetc. Please remember that these cleaning alternatives don’t require help from a professional. Do not go for detergents that are chemical-based as they can cause damage permanently thereby ruining the beauty and lust of your new marble tiles.
Steps for Polishing Marble
1. Before beginning to polish the required area, it will first have to be pre-cleaned. For this, you’ll need a mixed solution of 4 cups of water that’s warm, and about 3 tbsp. Of baking soda. With a soft cloth that is first dipped in the solution, thoroughly clean the marble area. Then for about three to four hours, allow the area to dry. Now it’s time to polish the marble area.
2. Make chalk powder by crushing white writing chalk, you can either use a pestle and small mortar or you may also use a small hammer.
3. Now moisten another soft cloth, and then sprinkle the cloth with the chalk powder in an area that is wet. Now wipe the moistened area of the cloth with the chalk powder over the area of the marble that you wish to polish. Remember to polish with uniform strokes.
4. Allow the area of the marble with the wet powder to dry for about one to two hours. Now take a different clean cloth, moisten it and then thoroughly clean the marble area.
5. Lastly, it is now time to wipe the desired area with either a mop or a clean soft cloth that is moistened with only clean water. Remember to only use a soft cloth or a mop and to avoid using abrasive scrubs or chemical based cleaners.
By regularly polishing marble, it can help towards ensuring its durability, shine, and look. It’s great for those who want to get the most out of their investment from purchasing the marble. The polishing ingredients are very affordable, and contains virtually no chemicals.
About the Author:-
Pacific Bedrock Industrial Co. Ltd specializes in manufacturing and supply of highly finished commercial and residential stone products. They have expertise in natural stone including: countertops, marble & granite products, quartz stone counter tops, aluminum honeycomb panel, and fiberglass honeycomb panel, honeycomb marble panels, marble floor tile, flooring, mosaic and engineered quartz.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi