ALL >> Health >> View Article
Best Calcium Diet To Follow For The Health Of The Baby During Pregnancy.
Total Articles: 10
Pregnancy is the significant time for woman to consume calcium in order to sustain the needs of the developing baby. Woman who is carrying needs to take lot of care of her health and the baby who is going through certain stages of development. If you are pregnant then it is essential to have calcium in diet to let the baby build strong bones, nerves, healthy heart beat, strong teeth and muscles to be free from complications.
If there is no enough calcium taken in diet at the time of pregnancy then the baby will get it from bones which may affect your health later. Actually, a pregnant woman requires over 18: 1,000 mg of calcium in a day and after pregnancy there is need of 18: 1,300 mg of calcium. It is more important to concentrate on calcium intake as this strengthens the bones of the baby in the womb and also helpful later in life.
Functions of calcium on body
As calcium is the most required nutrient for the body and the most abundant mineral, it is found in foods and medicines which are required for vascular contractions, nerve transmission, hormonal secretion, muscle function and vasodilation. It is mainly important for pregnant woman to clot blood normally and to have proper functioning of muscles. The best source of calcium is dairy products which are considered as the top source by dieticians. You need to take every product many times in a day which has calcium in it.
If there is deficiency of calcium in the body then there are chances to get osteoporosis in future which can diminish the health of the bones keeping you at risk. If there is any trouble to have calcium rich foods then you can consult your dietitian and take calcium supplements in doses in the form of medicines. But taking in a natural way has something good effect on the mother and the baby in a healthy way.
Best sources of calcium
Calcium is the must have mineral and is considered important to eat in small servings. The best sources are hard and cottage cheese, milk, yoghurt, green vegetables, spinach, tofu, cereals, soya milk, kale, buttermilk, brazil nuts, Almonds, sardines and salmons and other dairy products. Other than this, you can take calcium fortified juices with meals that maintain balance of calcium in diet.
In what way does calcium helps the body?
Calcium helps the body in all ways for every woman in their normal condition or when they are in the stage of pregnancy. It is necessary to protect and preserve the bones of the baby and it is essential to take calcium during every trimester of pregnancy period. From the below given sources of calcium you can understand in what way is it helpful to the body.
Calcium helps the body with:
• Squeezing and relaxing muscles
• Maintains normal heart beat
• Sending and receiving nerve signals
• Discharges hormones and other chemicals in the body
• Clots blood
• Maintains alkaline and acid balance in the stream of blood.
Health Articles1. Nutritious Food - Some Smart And Healthy Foods To Stay Fit
Author: Vidya Jayaram
2. Best Hair Transplant In Odisha.
Author: Aesthetica Clinics
3. Using Ultrasound To Assess Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
4. Tips To Find A Top Quality Hospital For Your Maternal Care
Author: James Stevenson
5. 3 Organic Oils For Massage That Rejuvenates Your Soul!
Author: Bryan Loo
6. Choose The Right Mattress For Sound Sleep.
7. Dme Billing Software To Automate Your Dme Billing
8. Huge Quantity Of Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Things You Need To Know When Buying Water Ionizer
Author: Hydrate Global
10. What Things To Expect When Looking For Infertility Treatments
11. Benefits Of Psychotherapy Treatments
12. How To Handle Teen Anger Management At Home
13. Going Back To Stress Management Basics
14. Dealing With Anxiety Disorders - What Is Best For You?
15. Controlling Stress By Cultivating Top Management Tips