ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Happens During Lasik Eye Surgery?
Total Articles: 5
Every person who has thought of undergoing Laser eye surgery would be well versed with the mixed bag of emotions that accompany Lasik: Excitement, Curiosity, and Apprehension…
Usually walking through each step of the surgery beforehand, gives people a fair idea of how Lasik eye surgery works and gives them lot of courage to take this step towards freedom from glasses and spectacles. So here’s what happens during the Laser Eye Surgery procedure:
1. First of all, you will remain awake throughout the procedure. Don’t worry, you will hardly feel any pain because your eye is numbed with anaesthetic eye drops. An instrument called as eyelid speculum is placed to keep the eyelids open. This should take care of your worries about how you will keep your eyes open during Lasik eye surgery.
2. Then, a small ring is placed on your eye to stabilize the position of the eye. This also serves as a platform for the corneal blade to be placed.
3. The corneal blade called a Microkeratome, then separates the cornea’s surface layers to create a flap. In newer generation Lasik surgery in India – Femto second laser is used for creating more precise flaps.
4. The corneal flap thus created is then folded back.
5. You will now be asked to look at a target light. The excimer laser is now used to reshape the corneal tissue.
6. A clicking sound is heard as each layer of tissue is vaporized from the cornea. This step takes a few seconds depending on the correction that your cornea needs.
7. The flap of cornea is now placed back and allowed to dry for a while. This flap heals on its own without any stitches.
8. Additional eye drops are given and the eye is shielded for protection.
This is what happens when conventional excimer laser is used for laser vision correction. The technique varies slightly with newer Laser eye surgery technologies like FEMTO Lasik and ReLEx SMILE are advances over the conventional excimer laser to ensure that you have a faster and more comfortable recovery.
About the hospital:
Advanced Eye Hospital and Institute (AEHI), a multi-specialty Eye Hospital is located on the serene Palm Beach Road, near Vashi in Navi Mumbai, India is the only centre in the state to have Lasik, ReLEx SMILE, Femto Lasik and Lasik Xtra: all the latest advances in the world of Lasik, under one roof.
AEHI offers services like General Ophthalmology, Glaucoma, Cataract Surgery, Cornea, LASIK & Refractive surgery, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Vitreo-Retinal Surgery, Neuro-Ophthalmology and Oculoplasty. Advanced Eye Institute strives to be a top tier Eye Hospital in India, recognized for its high quality medical staff, innovative technology, outstanding service to the community, and is the region's employer of choice.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important