ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top Three Foods To Explore In Malaysia
Total Articles: 6
Top Three Foods to Explore in Malaysia
Traveling to Malaysia? Whether you’re coming for a holiday or permanent relocation, you’ll find this Southeast Asian country a gem. It’s a colorful blend of races, from indigenous Malays to Indians to Chinese and many other ethnicities. Yet another attraction is its unique fusion of 21st century skyscrapers and old, traditional houses forming communities together. You’ll find several stores offering local gastronomic favorites which are also for export, from Apollo cake to Maggi noodles to Old Town white coffee to Nescafe coffee. These stores even sell non-food items such as a comfort fabric softener and everything else in one roof. That’s convenience! Of course, when you talk about Malaysian gastronomic, you should never miss out on its top three traditional dishes - nasi lemak, char kway teow and the famous satay.
Nasi lemak is Malaysian food that entices you with its fragrance alone. It is a rice dish prepared with pandan leaf, which gives it that irresistible scent, and coconut milk plus sambal (chili-based condiment), anchovies, boiled egg and peanuts. No other local food speaks as much of Malaysia as nasi lemak, the reason it is hailed as the national dish. You can find it installs all over the country, and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and even as a snack. Interestingly, it is known as an effective cure for hangovers. After rounding up the party circuit, help yourself to a nice serving of nasi lemak to help you feel better in the morning.
Char kway teow
Char kway teow, literally translated as “stir-fried rice cake strips,” are another famous noodle-based dish you’ll enjoy in Malaysia. It is prepared with flat rice noodles stir-fried in very high temperatures together with both dark and light soy sauce, prawns, cockles, belachan, Chinese chives and bean sprouts. In most cases, you will find char kway teow stir-fried along with fish cake, Chinese sausage and egg, although less traditional versions can include practically anything, from meatballs to vegetables. Pork oil is usually used for stir-frying, and the dish is usually served on a banana leaf with toppings of pork lard croutons. Muslims, however, have made their own variation of this dish by excluding all ingredients made from pork, such as the oil and croutons.
Satay is what you might call Malaysian pork barbecue, being grilled, seasoned and skewered meat served with a characteristic sauce. The meat can be pork, chicken, fish, mutton, goat or even just tofu. More modern satay uses bamboo sticks, but the original version uses sticks obtained from coconut palm leaves. The meat is grilled over charcoal or wood fire, and eaten with many authentic spicy Indonesian seasonings. Although very popular in Malaysia, satay actually comes from Indonesia where it is considered as the national dish. Aside from Malaysia and Indonesia, this dish is also a favorite in many other Southeast Asian countries such as Thailand, Singapore and the Philippines.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal