ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Handy Tips For Your Philippine Holiday
Total Articles: 6
The Philippines is a country founded southeast of Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. For tourists, it is one of the best things that can happen to their itineraries. There is simply so much to explore, from the beaches to the warm and friendly smiles of its locals. If you’re planning a trip to this tropical haven, let’s help you out with a little background.
When to Come
The best months for your Philippine trip may well be November to February. This is a time when the weather is cooler. Besides, it’s great to be part of Christmas celebrations that take longer in this country than anywhere else in the world. Typhoons come around from June to August, and while everything becomes cheaper, from airline tickets to hotel accommodations, it’s not a good time to explore the beautiful islands. Summer months are March to May when the country enjoys clear, blue skies and peaceful seas. As a tropical country, it’s not a surprise to have temperatures reaching 38 degrees Celsius. Most establishments provide air-conditioning, however, so this should not be an issue.
Meeting the People
Like most Asians, Filipinos are generally conservative, so it’s good to be modest, especially in terms of speech and clothing. It’s wise not to touch sensitive topics like politics and religion when having conversations with the locals, especially those whom you have just met. If you’re traveling to Mindanao, some areas like Cotabato and Zamboanga are dominated by Muslims, so you’d like to observe a bit more modesty. Overall, Filipinos are warm and friendly people who are known for their eagerness to serve foreigners delectable local food. When you miss the food back home though, there are many specialty stores that sell foreign export goods. For instance, if you’re Malaysian, there are small shops that sell Malaysian goodies like Old Town white coffee, Apollo cake, Nescafe coffee, Maggi noodles, Comfort fabric softener and more.
Destinations across the Islands
As an archipelago, the Philippines have a long list of islands that are worth an adventure. In Luzon, Mt. Mayon in Bicol is very popular for its perfect cone. In Laguna, you’ll enjoy Pagsanjan Falls and the nearby artistic town known as Paete with all its handmade wood carvings, not to mention Lilie which is famous for handmade shoes. In the Visayas, you’ll adore Boracay Island which is considered one of the most popular beaches in the country. If you’re feeling historical, visit Cebu’s Fort San Pedro, one of the oldest Spanish fortifications. If you surf, Siargao in Mindanao is a must for you. This island is the country’s surfing capital, and a promising destination for the world surfing community. Of course, Camiguin Island has its own attractions, including the Hibok-Hibok volcano, an underwater cemetery, its sparkling white sand beaches and its particularly sweet lanzones fruit.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus