ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Handy Tips For Your Philippine Holiday
Total Articles: 6
The Philippines is a country founded southeast of Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. For tourists, it is one of the best things that can happen to their itineraries. There is simply so much to explore, from the beaches to the warm and friendly smiles of its locals. If you’re planning a trip to this tropical haven, let’s help you out with a little background.
When to Come
The best months for your Philippine trip may well be November to February. This is a time when the weather is cooler. Besides, it’s great to be part of Christmas celebrations that take longer in this country than anywhere else in the world. Typhoons come around from June to August, and while everything becomes cheaper, from airline tickets to hotel accommodations, it’s not a good time to explore the beautiful islands. Summer months are March to May when the country enjoys clear, blue skies and peaceful seas. As a tropical country, it’s not a surprise to have temperatures reaching 38 degrees Celsius. Most establishments provide air-conditioning, however, so this should not be an issue.
Meeting the People
Like most Asians, Filipinos are generally conservative, so it’s good to be modest, especially in terms of speech and clothing. It’s wise not to touch sensitive topics like politics and religion when having conversations with the locals, especially those whom you have just met. If you’re traveling to Mindanao, some areas like Cotabato and Zamboanga are dominated by Muslims, so you’d like to observe a bit more modesty. Overall, Filipinos are warm and friendly people who are known for their eagerness to serve foreigners delectable local food. When you miss the food back home though, there are many specialty stores that sell foreign export goods. For instance, if you’re Malaysian, there are small shops that sell Malaysian goodies like Old Town white coffee, Apollo cake, Nescafe coffee, Maggi noodles, Comfort fabric softener and more.
Destinations across the Islands
As an archipelago, the Philippines have a long list of islands that are worth an adventure. In Luzon, Mt. Mayon in Bicol is very popular for its perfect cone. In Laguna, you’ll enjoy Pagsanjan Falls and the nearby artistic town known as Paete with all its handmade wood carvings, not to mention Lilie which is famous for handmade shoes. In the Visayas, you’ll adore Boracay Island which is considered one of the most popular beaches in the country. If you’re feeling historical, visit Cebu’s Fort San Pedro, one of the oldest Spanish fortifications. If you surf, Siargao in Mindanao is a must for you. This island is the country’s surfing capital, and a promising destination for the world surfing community. Of course, Camiguin Island has its own attractions, including the Hibok-Hibok volcano, an underwater cemetery, its sparkling white sand beaches and its particularly sweet lanzones fruit.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson