ALL >> Travel >> View Article
A Unique Heritage Holiday In India – Gujarat
Total Articles: 400
There are several heritage holidays in India. However, none can match the beauty, culture and history of Gujarat. There are 3 important segments in historic Gujarat tours, Freedom struggle, Pre-freedom struggle and pilgrimages.
The most prominent figure in the freedom struggle was from Gujarat – Mahatma Gandhi. It’s no wonder there are several important historic destinations from freedom struggle era in this state. Some of the few are known as Sabarmati Ashram, Kaba Gandhi no Delo and Rashtriyashala in Rajkot, Samal Dan in Bhavnagar and Kirti Mandir in Porbandar. These are historic destinations contributed to the redefining India and Indians and are thus an important part of the tours of Gujarat.
The second segment of Gujarati heritage is the several dynasties that ruled in this country. There are forts, tombs, palaces and stepwells. The beauty and history of these landmarks and monuments still has more to share with the present generation than many others. A few of the forts in Gujarat are the Citadel in Champaner, Surat Castle in Surat, Taranga Fort, Bhujjiyo Kotho in Jamnagar and Lakhota Palace and Museum. There are multitudes of royal wars, victories, customs, celebrations and rituals from these forts that have become a part of Gujarati history and culture. There are graves of several kings, queens, and other aristocrats in Ahmadabad, Vadodara, Jamnagar, Surat, Patan, etc. There are palaces like Vijay Vilas Palace – Mandvi, Sharad Baug Palace – Bhuj, Darbar Gadh – Jamnagar and Utelia Palace – Lothal that still share their royal lives, the grandeur of Gujarat and the wealth of the bygone era unequivocally.
Stepwell, a construction and architecture that can be seen quite commonly in Gujarat, conveys many stories of the past. Even today, you can see the good old life where women folk would step down in the well to gather water while singing melodious tunes. The stepwells are situated in several travel destinations like Ahmadabad, Vadodara, Bhuj, Mehsana and Champaner.
Though there are some significant archaeological sites and constructions in Gujarat, none are quite as important as the places of worship and holy shrines. These divine experiences have been the backbone of the state with their holy prowess. Some of the most important Hindu temples are Narayan Sarovar, Koteshwar Temple, Sun Temple, Dwarkadhish Temple and Ambaji Temple. There are Buddhist shrines such as Ashok Edicts – Junagadh, Dev Ni Mori – Shamlaji and Siyot caves – Kutch. There are Jain temples like Sidhshila in Taranga Hills, Hutheesing Jain Temple in Ahmadabad and Chintamani Jain temple in Surat. Visit Gujarat to truly experience India in a wholesome way.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to spend his holidays in India and pursue his passion. His albums are replete with pictures of his tour to Gujarat.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus