ALL >> Health >> View Article
Effective Home Remedies For Sore Throat
Total Articles: 6
Sore throat is a condition of inflammation and pain in the throat. Inflammation can be of the larynx, pharynx or the tonsils. Swelling in tonsils is called tonsillitis. Virus or bacteria often lead you to this infection, whereas, the sore throat can also be a symptom of another illness. It is shows common symptoms as well as affects in men, women and even children.
Bacterial throat infection is usually an airborne infection. It is caused by sneezing, coughing or unhygienic intakes. It is infectious. This condition also known as strep throat as the infection is caused by the bacteria known as Streptococcus. Sometimes, preventing sore throats process take long time, thus it is essential having guidance of a professional doctor.
Sore throat can also be a result of flu and cold. Other factors responsible to cause the pain and swelling are smoking, dry air, allergy to pets or pollens and talking or shouting for long. Air and water pollution can also cause soreness. If sore throat is a result of viral infection, antibiotics usually do not work. The condition takes a week to ten days to get easy. And if it is bacterial, antibiotics should only take after the prescription of doctor. Many types of syrup such as suppressants and decongestants are also available in the market. Additionally there are several home remedies for sore throat. These are very effective and do not have any side effects. Some of the home remedies are:
1.Ginger: when you are suffering with infected throat you should include ginger in your diet for immediate relief. You can take it with honey too. Add some ginger juice with honey and take this regularly. Ginger can also be added in hot tea for relief in sore throat.
2.Garlic: use garlic in your diet for quick and effective relief.
3.Gargles: this is the most common home remedy of throat infection. You can do the gargle regularly with salt water. This helps reduce inflammation and gives a soothing breathing.
4.Honey: One spoon of honey regularly can show magical effects on this problem.
5.Cinnamon: Cinnamon powder also provides effective results when taken with honey.
6.Lemon: taking lemon juice daily is beneficial in this condition.
7.Echinacea: This helps in improving the immunity system thus preventing sore throat.
8.Holy basil: Basil leaves with tea and boiled water is also good for preventing sore throats.
9.Turmeric: Due to the natural anti inflammatory properties, turmeric is very effective. You can take the turmeric powder with hot milk.
10.Sage: Add sage leaves in boiling water and keep for a while. Strain and gargle with this water.
During the infection eat food which is easy to swallow and which does not irritate your throat. Try to avoid oily and spicy food. Instead switch to boiled food. Warm soups and tea can be very beneficial. Stop smoking as it can worst your condition. And try to stay away from dry environment.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel