ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Let Professional Plumbers In Edmonton Handle Your Stubborn Clog Problems
Total Articles: 9
Unclogging the toilet is a messy task. That’s why instead of doing it by themselves, smart homeowners hire reliable plumbers in Edmonton who can get rid of the problem immediately and efficiently for them. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to know the inner workings of your toilet so you can take care of problems by yourself in case of an emergency.
Back to basics
Toilet clogs usually take place on the top of the up-curving trap, and since the clogs in this area are close to the front of the drain, homeowners can easily remove it using basic home solutions. Among the most popular solutions to this problem include adding a few cups of hot water to the toilet bowl before using the plunger. Letting the hot water sit for a few minutes can melt some of the buildup and make plunging easier.
Tools for unclogging toilets
Always have a plunger at hand to unclog minor problems. Choose one with an extension flange on the rubber bell-shaped end because it works best on most toilets. A toilet auger is another essential unclogging tool because it has sharpened tip skewers that can reach areas that a plunger can’t.
Don’t throw these into the toilet
Most people dispose diapers and sanitary napkins down the toilet. This must be avoided because cotton from these items do not disintegrate in water and easily get stuck in plumbing pipes. In any case, throwing them in the trash will be the wiser move.
Additionally, cigarette butts, dental floss, toilet bowl scrub pads, and dryer sheets are some of the items that cause major clogging problems for many homeowners. They are non-biodegradable and may even snag on the pipes, causing you a lot of trouble – not to mention the inherent expenses for repairs and unclogging services. Tossing stuff into the toilet may be convenient at first, but later on it can take its toll on your wallet—perhaps even the environment as well.
When to contact a professional
If the clog proves too much for you to handle, contact your trusted Edmonton plumbers for the most effective treatment. For more information on this topic, visit ehow.com/info_8035460_do-toilets-clogged.html.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck