ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Let Professional Plumbers In Edmonton Handle Your Stubborn Clog Problems
Total Articles: 9
Unclogging the toilet is a messy task. That’s why instead of doing it by themselves, smart homeowners hire reliable plumbers in Edmonton who can get rid of the problem immediately and efficiently for them. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to know the inner workings of your toilet so you can take care of problems by yourself in case of an emergency.
Back to basics
Toilet clogs usually take place on the top of the up-curving trap, and since the clogs in this area are close to the front of the drain, homeowners can easily remove it using basic home solutions. Among the most popular solutions to this problem include adding a few cups of hot water to the toilet bowl before using the plunger. Letting the hot water sit for a few minutes can melt some of the buildup and make plunging easier.
Tools for unclogging toilets
Always have a plunger at hand to unclog minor problems. Choose one with an extension flange on the rubber bell-shaped end because it works best on most toilets. A toilet auger is another essential unclogging tool because it has sharpened tip skewers that can reach areas that a plunger can’t.
Don’t throw these into the toilet
Most people dispose diapers and sanitary napkins down the toilet. This must be avoided because cotton from these items do not disintegrate in water and easily get stuck in plumbing pipes. In any case, throwing them in the trash will be the wiser move.
Additionally, cigarette butts, dental floss, toilet bowl scrub pads, and dryer sheets are some of the items that cause major clogging problems for many homeowners. They are non-biodegradable and may even snag on the pipes, causing you a lot of trouble – not to mention the inherent expenses for repairs and unclogging services. Tossing stuff into the toilet may be convenient at first, but later on it can take its toll on your wallet—perhaps even the environment as well.
When to contact a professional
If the clog proves too much for you to handle, contact your trusted Edmonton plumbers for the most effective treatment. For more information on this topic, visit ehow.com/info_8035460_do-toilets-clogged.html.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi