ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Debunking The Most Common Myths About Metal Roofing By Canton Roofing Contractors
Total Articles: 6
Contrary to what some people think, metal roofing installed by a Canton roofing contractor will not make your house look like a barn but will give it a unique look. In addition, metal roofing is designed to provide absolute protection to every home.
However, just like most things in the world, metal roofing also has their share of myths, especially because it's been through a lot of transformations over the years. Below are some of the most common myths about metal roofing and the real truth behind them.
Lightning strikes a metal roof. Yes, metal conducts electricity, but lightning will not be drawn to it. However, on rare occasions that your home is hit by lightning, your metal roofing installed by a Dover roofing contractor will safely disperse the energy through the structure. Also, since metal roofing is non-combustible, it is even the better choice compared to other roofing materials because of the safety that it provides.
Metal roof rusts. These days, a metal roof is built to last for a long time because of the metallic coating applied to it that's either zinc or a combination of zinc and aluminum. The coating is then covered with paint to provide a long-lasting color in the shade that the homeowners prefer. The metal coating help prevent rust from forming on the roof, thereby ensuring its longevity.
Metal roofs are noisy in the rain. Some people believe that you can hear the rain dropping on your roof when you have metal roofing, but this is false. In order for this to be possible, you would need to have several sheets of metal placed over open rafters for the metal components to make a sound. Metal shingles can now be properly fastened on an existing wood roof deck so that there are less chances for it to make a sound.
Over the years, metal roofing has had its share of criticisms. However, at the same time, metal roofing manufacturers worked hard to put these unfounded beliefs to rest by making improvements and further revolutionizing the product, and these days, metal roofing is one of the most durable roofing options there is. For more information, visit metalroofing.com/v2/content/guide/newsletters/04-0701.cfm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are Reviews Enough To Know About Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
2. How To Make Your Badkamer Renovatie Most Cost Effective
Author: Brian Miller
3. Selecting Bathroom Floor And Wall Tiles
Author: Bath & Tile
4. 4 Reasons To Use Eco-friendly Building Materials
Author: Chris Jenkin
5. Organizing Restaurant`s Booth Seating And Getting Booth Reupholstery
6. Quality Manufacturer Of Restaurant Booth
7. Learn The Process Of Choosing And Organizing Restaurant Booth Seating
8. How To Use Creative Ideas To Make Your Restaurant More Unique
9. Purchasing Good Quality Restaurant Booths
10. Add A Decorative Accent To Your Home With Bamboo Blinds
Author: Julie Valencia
11. The Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore Make Your Dream Home Come True
12. Some Tips To Remove Popcorn In Miami Without More Trouble
Author: Jacob Ethan
13. Basic Information Of Roofing
Author: Roofing 2000
14. Caring For Your Bathroom And Sanitary Ware
15. Why Sod Installation Is An Effective Way Of Making Lawn Or Garden
Author: Anu Walia