ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Debunking The Most Common Myths About Metal Roofing By Canton Roofing Contractors
Total Articles: 6
Contrary to what some people think, metal roofing installed by a Canton roofing contractor will not make your house look like a barn but will give it a unique look. In addition, metal roofing is designed to provide absolute protection to every home.
However, just like most things in the world, metal roofing also has their share of myths, especially because it's been through a lot of transformations over the years. Below are some of the most common myths about metal roofing and the real truth behind them.
Lightning strikes a metal roof. Yes, metal conducts electricity, but lightning will not be drawn to it. However, on rare occasions that your home is hit by lightning, your metal roofing installed by a Dover roofing contractor will safely disperse the energy through the structure. Also, since metal roofing is non-combustible, it is even the better choice compared to other roofing materials because of the safety that it provides.
Metal roof rusts. These days, a metal roof is built to last for a long time because of the metallic coating applied to it that's either zinc or a combination of zinc and aluminum. The coating is then covered with paint to provide a long-lasting color in the shade that the homeowners prefer. The metal coating help prevent rust from forming on the roof, thereby ensuring its longevity.
Metal roofs are noisy in the rain. Some people believe that you can hear the rain dropping on your roof when you have metal roofing, but this is false. In order for this to be possible, you would need to have several sheets of metal placed over open rafters for the metal components to make a sound. Metal shingles can now be properly fastened on an existing wood roof deck so that there are less chances for it to make a sound.
Over the years, metal roofing has had its share of criticisms. However, at the same time, metal roofing manufacturers worked hard to put these unfounded beliefs to rest by making improvements and further revolutionizing the product, and these days, metal roofing is one of the most durable roofing options there is. For more information, visit metalroofing.com/v2/content/guide/newsletters/04-0701.cfm.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi