ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Debunking The Most Common Myths About Metal Roofing By Canton Roofing Contractors
Total Articles: 6
Contrary to what some people think, metal roofing installed by a Canton roofing contractor will not make your house look like a barn but will give it a unique look. In addition, metal roofing is designed to provide absolute protection to every home.
However, just like most things in the world, metal roofing also has their share of myths, especially because it's been through a lot of transformations over the years. Below are some of the most common myths about metal roofing and the real truth behind them.
Lightning strikes a metal roof. Yes, metal conducts electricity, but lightning will not be drawn to it. However, on rare occasions that your home is hit by lightning, your metal roofing installed by a Dover roofing contractor will safely disperse the energy through the structure. Also, since metal roofing is non-combustible, it is even the better choice compared to other roofing materials because of the safety that it provides.
Metal roof rusts. These days, a metal roof is built to last for a long time because of the metallic coating applied to it that's either zinc or a combination of zinc and aluminum. The coating is then covered with paint to provide a long-lasting color in the shade that the homeowners prefer. The metal coating help prevent rust from forming on the roof, thereby ensuring its longevity.
Metal roofs are noisy in the rain. Some people believe that you can hear the rain dropping on your roof when you have metal roofing, but this is false. In order for this to be possible, you would need to have several sheets of metal placed over open rafters for the metal components to make a sound. Metal shingles can now be properly fastened on an existing wood roof deck so that there are less chances for it to make a sound.
Over the years, metal roofing has had its share of criticisms. However, at the same time, metal roofing manufacturers worked hard to put these unfounded beliefs to rest by making improvements and further revolutionizing the product, and these days, metal roofing is one of the most durable roofing options there is. For more information, visit metalroofing.com/v2/content/guide/newsletters/04-0701.cfm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja