ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Metal Roofing In New Hampshire: Four Frequently Asked Questions Answered
Total Articles: 10
Metal Roofing in New Hampshire: Four Frequently Asked Questions Answered
Metal roofs have become the best roofing material for those looking for beauty and long-lasting durability. They make sense for the environment, and also for energy-conscious consumers whose utility bills are through the roof. If you’re in the process of choosing a new material for your roof, here are facts about metal roofing in New Hampshire to help you in your shopping and decision-making process.
Can metal roof be installed on existing roof?
Installing a new roof over an existing roof is a practice that’s done every day all over the country. Doing so prevents landfills from being overwhelmed by tons of discarded roof materials. The fact that metal is an extremely durable roofing material and that it’s completely recyclable at the end of its lifespan makes it an ideal material to install over your existing roof.
Does roof color matter?
The color of a roof has a direct effect on your home’s energy efficiency. The general rule is that light colors reflect solar radiation while dark colors absorb it. Metal roofs are inherently solar reflective, and this quality is further enhanced when they come in light colors.
Does metal roof attract lightning?
Metal roofs by themselves do not attract lightning. Lightning is electricity and for the metal roof to attract it, the roof needs to provide a direct path to the ground. Metal roof systems generally do not provide this path.
Will a metal roof increase home value?
A well-built metal roof can increase a home’s resale value by up to 6 percent. Additionally, you can recoup most of your expenses on a metal roof. According to statistics, homeowners in the eastern regions of the U.S. such as New Hampshire can recoup as much as 95.5 percent of their roofing costs when they have metal roof installed
Hopefully, the information above answers some of your questions and enlightens you on how beneficial metal roofs can be for your home. If you’re ready to have a metal roof that protects your home from the elements, keeps your home cool during the summer, and lowers your monthly bills, don’t hesitate to contact a reliable New Hampshire roofing contractor and ask for a metal roofing estimate. For more information on metal roofing, you can visit buildings.com/article-details/articleid/16143/title/6 reasons to consider a metal roof.aspx.
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper