ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Almeria, The Sunlight From The South
Total Articles: 33
Almería is a city from the Autonomous Community of Andalucía. It is located in the southern east of the Iberia Peninsula. Rambla of Almería is also one of the European cities with more hours of sunshine each year, with an average of about of 3000. This does honor to Almería's motto, created by Rodolfo Lussnigg in the 1920's, in which he said that in Almería 'the sun passes though the winter'. This does make for a lovely place for a get away now, doesn't it!?
Now Almería is not all about sunshine and beach, it also has quite a lot of culture. The Muslim Alcazaba must be mentioned as one of its historic and artistic patrimonies. The Cathedral and Fortress of “la Encarnación” is definitely worth a visit for its XVI style. And a final mention goes to the reopened museum of Almería (in 2006).
Moving back to the beaches and nature, Almería does have plenty to offer in that respect. There practically virgin beaches that along with the mountain ranges will make your stay in this part of southern Spain unforgettable. Natural Parks such as the Buiosfera, complete the landscape. One of the star elements is a one of kind desert in the European continent. If you are looking to stay here look at apartments to rent in almeria
Like in every part of Spain, Almería also has its own traditions legends and habits, which you can take the most part during its popular festivities. The popular celebrations really do showcase the culture, which in Almería case is deeply intertwined with religion but also with the elements such as water, fire, fields, animals and crops. Now you only need almeria holiday rentals to have you settled for your vacations.
We must highlight the fire from the San Juan bonfires, a Mediterranean habit that takes place near the sea. There also is the “Los Humarrachos” at Berja, the bonfires of San Antón and the Night of Fires in the eves before Saint Anthony and Saint Sebastian are celebrated. These celebrations have big bonfires on the streets with games, music and food.
Almería really is a place that has everything for a great vacation and it is not as touristy and crowded as other locations. What are your thoughts on it? Have you visited?
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family