ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Almeria, The Sunlight From The South
Total Articles: 33
Almería is a city from the Autonomous Community of Andalucía. It is located in the southern east of the Iberia Peninsula. Rambla of Almería is also one of the European cities with more hours of sunshine each year, with an average of about of 3000. This does honor to Almería's motto, created by Rodolfo Lussnigg in the 1920's, in which he said that in Almería 'the sun passes though the winter'. This does make for a lovely place for a get away now, doesn't it!?
Now Almería is not all about sunshine and beach, it also has quite a lot of culture. The Muslim Alcazaba must be mentioned as one of its historic and artistic patrimonies. The Cathedral and Fortress of “la Encarnación” is definitely worth a visit for its XVI style. And a final mention goes to the reopened museum of Almería (in 2006).
Moving back to the beaches and nature, Almería does have plenty to offer in that respect. There practically virgin beaches that along with the mountain ranges will make your stay in this part of southern Spain unforgettable. Natural Parks such as the Buiosfera, complete the landscape. One of the star elements is a one of kind desert in the European continent. If you are looking to stay here look at apartments to rent in almeria
Like in every part of Spain, Almería also has its own traditions legends and habits, which you can take the most part during its popular festivities. The popular celebrations really do showcase the culture, which in Almería case is deeply intertwined with religion but also with the elements such as water, fire, fields, animals and crops. Now you only need almeria holiday rentals to have you settled for your vacations.
We must highlight the fire from the San Juan bonfires, a Mediterranean habit that takes place near the sea. There also is the “Los Humarrachos” at Berja, the bonfires of San Antón and the Night of Fires in the eves before Saint Anthony and Saint Sebastian are celebrated. These celebrations have big bonfires on the streets with games, music and food.
Almería really is a place that has everything for a great vacation and it is not as touristy and crowded as other locations. What are your thoughts on it? Have you visited?
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson