ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Almeria, The Sunlight From The South
Total Articles: 33
Almería is a city from the Autonomous Community of Andalucía. It is located in the southern east of the Iberia Peninsula. Rambla of Almería is also one of the European cities with more hours of sunshine each year, with an average of about of 3000. This does honor to Almería's motto, created by Rodolfo Lussnigg in the 1920's, in which he said that in Almería 'the sun passes though the winter'. This does make for a lovely place for a get away now, doesn't it!?
Now Almería is not all about sunshine and beach, it also has quite a lot of culture. The Muslim Alcazaba must be mentioned as one of its historic and artistic patrimonies. The Cathedral and Fortress of “la Encarnación” is definitely worth a visit for its XVI style. And a final mention goes to the reopened museum of Almería (in 2006).
Moving back to the beaches and nature, Almería does have plenty to offer in that respect. There practically virgin beaches that along with the mountain ranges will make your stay in this part of southern Spain unforgettable. Natural Parks such as the Buiosfera, complete the landscape. One of the star elements is a one of kind desert in the European continent. If you are looking to stay here look at apartments to rent in almeria
Like in every part of Spain, Almería also has its own traditions legends and habits, which you can take the most part during its popular festivities. The popular celebrations really do showcase the culture, which in Almería case is deeply intertwined with religion but also with the elements such as water, fire, fields, animals and crops. Now you only need almeria holiday rentals to have you settled for your vacations.
We must highlight the fire from the San Juan bonfires, a Mediterranean habit that takes place near the sea. There also is the “Los Humarrachos” at Berja, the bonfires of San Antón and the Night of Fires in the eves before Saint Anthony and Saint Sebastian are celebrated. These celebrations have big bonfires on the streets with games, music and food.
Almería really is a place that has everything for a great vacation and it is not as touristy and crowded as other locations. What are your thoughts on it? Have you visited?
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.