ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Look At Car Transport Trailers
Total Articles: 399
If you are moving a standard passenger car and want to investigate different car transport trailer options there are many possibilities in today's auto shipping industry offered to the discerning customer. Open carrier transport is the most popular and least expensive type of auto shipping.
In most cases, your car will be transported on an eight or 10-car hauler, the same type of trucks used to deliver new cars. These trucks are 75-80 feet long and almost 14 feet high. They can be difficult to maneuver and are limited to major roads that are free of low hanging trees and low clearance bridges. Make sure you keep this in mind when directing the truck to the pick-up location. If you want to make sure that your car stays clean, and avoids all highway wear and tear, then have your car transported in an enclosed car transport trailer.
Enclosed trailers protect your car from all road hazards and weather for the duration of the trip. Due to the premium equipment and service provided with enclosed car trailers, it is usually the most expensive option in auto shipping. The following features are often available at an additional cost: lift gates for safe horizontal loading, ramp gates for long wheelbase vehicles, and winches for inoperable vehicles.
This car transport trailer option is excellent for costly or exotic Cars. Some other popular enclosed trailer options for secure car transport are: six-car enclosed trailers, four-car enclosed trailers, and two-car non-stacking enclosed trailers. Multi-car or enclosed transport sometimes can't be used due to height and width issues. Be sure to check the specs of the trailer and the size of your car.
Some drivers prefer to transport their own vehicle. It is best to learn from a trained professional some of the nuances of moving cars. When you buy or rent a trailer ask for basic driving instructions and transport hints. There are some car transport trailer companies that will custom build your own trailer the way you want it. This option will depend on your budget and your specific needs.
When choosing the proper car transport trailer for your car, discuss the length and weight of your car with the car trailer company to ensure it is within legal load specifications. More over if you are renting or buying, look for companies with large inventories and factory stock so you can avoid waiting for the trailer that you want.
Finding the appropriate car transport trailer to fit your specific needs and budget should be an easy task providing that you know you budget limitations, special travel requirements for your car, and length of trip. In today's market there are literally hundreds of car transport trailer options out there, and you can count on finding the right one for you in no time at all.
Automobiles Articles1. Purchasing Harley Starter Replacement From The Web!
2. How To Purchase Harley Starter Drives?
3. Guidelines On Purchasing Harley Starters!
4. 7 Car Financing Tips For Purchasing A New Or Used Car
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. Buying New Or Pre-owned Vehicles From Car Dealer
Author: Neal Weaver
6. Basic Of Maintaining Good Health Of Your Electric Bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
7. Top Things To Know About Lamborghini Diablo
Author: Jason Jones
8. Replace Your Old Gallardo Exhaust System To Improve The Performance Of Your Super-car
Author: Jason Jones
9. Auto Repair Shop Bluffton To Maintain The Perfect Condition Of Your Car In No Time
Author: Ray Pringle
10. Important Wheel Alignment Information
Author: Ray Pringle
11. Explore An Amazing Ride With Wraith Luxury And Sports Car Rental
12. How To Formulate Your Car Drive Secure And Relaxed With The Precise Choice Of Tyres?
Author: My Tyre Point
13. Important Questions To Ask Before Rustproofing Your Car
Author: Efrain Rivas
14. Affordable Crane Services For Vehicles
Author: Shailesh Vyas
15. Things To Consider When Choosing Vw Garage Services
Author: Heston VW