ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Look At Automatic Tire Chains
Total Articles: 312
With technology always advancing, it is no wonder that automatic tire chains have made their way into the tire chain market. These tire chains take away the pain of attaching tire chains in wintry or wet conditions, and can save drivers a lot of time.
Automatic tire chains can be used on pickup trucks, RVs, mobile homes, Trucks, and buses, and they offer the traction of a single set of conventional snow chains at the touch of the button, which means an end to stopping and getting out of the vehicle.
To install automatic tire chains, drivers mount an electric switch to their dashboard, which provides 12 volts to an air solenoid mounted on the vehicle's frame rail. Compressed air is then supplied from either the vehicle's onboard air system or a 12-volt compressor kit. When the dashboard switch is activated, the solenoid opens, thus allowing compressed air to enter the air cylinder and lower the chain wheel so that it contacts the inside of the tire. The friction between the tire and the rubber-covered chain wheel then causes the chain wheel to rotate, which creates enough centrifugal force to wave the chains out in front of the tire. Chain is spaced at 60-degree intervals in sixth lengths on the chain wheel. This guarantees that there are always two chains between the tire and the road service, regardless of whether the driver is accelerating or decelerating. The traction is obtained both in forward and reverse. When the dashboard switch is turned off, the solenoid exhausts the air, and the chain wheels are brought back to their resting position.
Automatic tire chains are a great new technology for anyone who wants tire chains -- but does not want the inconvenience of getting out of their car and installing the chains in adverse weather conditions.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe