ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Look At Automatic Tire Chains
Total Articles: 312
With technology always advancing, it is no wonder that automatic tire chains have made their way into the tire chain market. These tire chains take away the pain of attaching tire chains in wintry or wet conditions, and can save drivers a lot of time.
Automatic tire chains can be used on pickup trucks, RVs, mobile homes, Trucks, and buses, and they offer the traction of a single set of conventional snow chains at the touch of the button, which means an end to stopping and getting out of the vehicle.
To install automatic tire chains, drivers mount an electric switch to their dashboard, which provides 12 volts to an air solenoid mounted on the vehicle's frame rail. Compressed air is then supplied from either the vehicle's onboard air system or a 12-volt compressor kit. When the dashboard switch is activated, the solenoid opens, thus allowing compressed air to enter the air cylinder and lower the chain wheel so that it contacts the inside of the tire. The friction between the tire and the rubber-covered chain wheel then causes the chain wheel to rotate, which creates enough centrifugal force to wave the chains out in front of the tire. Chain is spaced at 60-degree intervals in sixth lengths on the chain wheel. This guarantees that there are always two chains between the tire and the road service, regardless of whether the driver is accelerating or decelerating. The traction is obtained both in forward and reverse. When the dashboard switch is turned off, the solenoid exhausts the air, and the chain wheels are brought back to their resting position.
Automatic tire chains are a great new technology for anyone who wants tire chains -- but does not want the inconvenience of getting out of their car and installing the chains in adverse weather conditions.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai