ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Look At Automatic Tire Chains
Total Articles: 312
With technology always advancing, it is no wonder that automatic tire chains have made their way into the tire chain market. These tire chains take away the pain of attaching tire chains in wintry or wet conditions, and can save drivers a lot of time.
Automatic tire chains can be used on pickup trucks, RVs, mobile homes, Trucks, and buses, and they offer the traction of a single set of conventional snow chains at the touch of the button, which means an end to stopping and getting out of the vehicle.
To install automatic tire chains, drivers mount an electric switch to their dashboard, which provides 12 volts to an air solenoid mounted on the vehicle's frame rail. Compressed air is then supplied from either the vehicle's onboard air system or a 12-volt compressor kit. When the dashboard switch is activated, the solenoid opens, thus allowing compressed air to enter the air cylinder and lower the chain wheel so that it contacts the inside of the tire. The friction between the tire and the rubber-covered chain wheel then causes the chain wheel to rotate, which creates enough centrifugal force to wave the chains out in front of the tire. Chain is spaced at 60-degree intervals in sixth lengths on the chain wheel. This guarantees that there are always two chains between the tire and the road service, regardless of whether the driver is accelerating or decelerating. The traction is obtained both in forward and reverse. When the dashboard switch is turned off, the solenoid exhausts the air, and the chain wheels are brought back to their resting position.
Automatic tire chains are a great new technology for anyone who wants tire chains -- but does not want the inconvenience of getting out of their car and installing the chains in adverse weather conditions.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook