ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Life Changing Trips For Kids
Total Articles: 468
Once a trip has been made affordable via a thorough review of cheap deals, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, discount travel packages, and cheap vacation packages, you should consider life changing destinations that your children will always remember.
Travel has been known to introduce people of all ages to real life wonders, changing their perspectives on things that they may have only previously read about in books.
Yes, travel can literally change peoples’, especially children’s lives. When you are able to persuade children to slow down and experience a place from their perspective, it can be magical. This is true not only of the place, but the experience.
The following are places that open children’s eyes to the diversity of the world and can help them learn what interests them, according to the editor in chief of National Geographic Traveler magazine:
• Marco Island, Florida has beaches that show off the rustic charm of old Florida. Kids love the beaches and can experience spectacular nature nearby. The Dolphin Explorer takes families out on boat rides where they usually spot dolphins and if a child spots a new dolphin, that child gets to name the dolphin.
• Big Sur, California is a fabulous drive from San Francisco. It is one of the most hair-raising drives anywhere and riders get the sense of a wild, driving adventure. Renting a convertible gives the riders the most complete experience. The Point Lobos State Natural Reserve is a highlight of this trip and shows children that when people really love an area, they can protect it.
• Grand Canyon looks like a bite out of the Earth, giving visitors a thrilling glimpse into the inside of the planet. By viewing the canyon’s different layers, children start to gain an understanding of the Earth’s geology. Age appropriate hikes that allow children to view the layers and wildlife that make up the canyon are often a hit.
• Chesapeake Bay, Maryland is the country’s largest estuary, filled with 64,000 square miles of rivers, marshes, and bays. Kids have fun kneeling in grass, looking for tadpoles, and pulling up crab pots. Visitors are able to watch the ebb and flow of oysters, crabs, and fish. Wild ponies live in two herds on Assateague Island National Seashore.
• Library of Congress, Washington is where the movie “National Treasure: Book of Secrets” was filmed. If your children have yet to see this movie, make sure to show them before visiting. This is the biggest library in the world with 3,800 employees, 500 miles of shelving, and 128 million items, with about 10,000 being added daily. Children enjoy the “Passport to Knowledge” which guides them to the library’s “greatest hits.” Kids can stop at Knowledge Quest kiosks and bookmark places of interest to explore later.
• New York City is a must visit for kids. The Circle Line boat tour is popular and kids are often fascinated to see how small an island Manhattan actually is. They also get a chance to see how connected it is to other islands including Staten Island and Long Island (home to Brooklyn and Queens) and the Bronx, which is part of the mainland. Seeing the Statue of Liberty, a Broadway show, and/or the city decorated at Christmas for the first time is something your children will always remember.
• London is a great place to first take a child outside America. While it is comforting that they speak English there (at least for the most part), a child will quickly understand that he/she is in a different country. London is familiar enough to be safe and foreign enough to be exciting. Older children often find the ghoulish, but true, tales of the Tower of London to be fascinating.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler