ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
The Changing Styles And Designs Of Denim Jeans
Total Articles: 58
Denim jeans including Italian denim jeans are perhaps the most popular and commonly worn piece which the fashion industry has seen. It is worn by people of all classes and societies. They offer complete protection, they are suave and stylish, and they appeal to both the genders. But if you thought that jeans were always treated with respect and love, then you are not entirely right. A peep into its history will reveal how it has had its not-so-good moments and how it surmounted those low phases to come out on top.
The exact origin of jeans can be traced back to 1873 when a humble tailor by the name of Jacob Davis patented his little idea of stitching metals and button flies to give birth to the concept of jeans. Perhaps he had no idea how his creation would change the way men and women dress down the years.
Some people today may get flummoxed but the truth is that jeans started as a humble dress for the working class. Those who labored in the factories or in the mines needed an outfit which would offer greater durability and more resistance to wear and tear. Hence, jeans were designed to serve them. But towards the first half of the 20th century, people began to wake up to the idea that it can be worn by casual people as well. In the year 1936, the first instance of brand label came into effect. Levi Strauss attached his label to his designs and this was the birth of designer jeans. Now, we have so many Italian denim jeans to choose from, but it is astounding that it was once simply an outfit meant to protect the workers.
Thus, in the 1930s, jeans began to be advertised as a garment which can be worn to make fashion statements. Pretty soon, big magazines like the Vogue splashed pictures of models clad in jeans all over its cover. It was time for jeans to make its mark. Pretty soon, it would become the most loved outfit all over the world.
Mass acceptance came around the 1950s when the youths took to jeans like a fish takes to water. However, jeans were being seen as an overtly fashionable thing and were made a taboo at some schools and public institutions. But the new-age punk boys would flaunt it to display their rebellious side. It helped that Hollywood films also began to showcase their stars in Italian denim jeans. During those times, there were limited designs. Cuffed jeans and light washes were the rage. Black denim was the most coveted one and women were still to discover its charm.
It was in the 70s that women really took to jeans. Introduction of bell bottoms added fuel to fire. Denim skirts were also introduced and the hip huggers added the glam factor. The next couple of decades saw the birth of skinny jeans, low-waist jeans and baggy jeans.
About The Author:
This Article is written by Rosina Ricci on behalf of Dressspace, this is having topics on Italian Denim Jeans for sale, Italian denim jeans and many more for information Visit our website.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca