ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
How To Make Andhra Chicken Pickle - Delicious Indian Recipe
Total Articles: 11
If you’re a fan of pickles, but are tired of eating the same old vegetarian pickles, the Andhra chicken pickle offers you a great alternative. First off, not a lot of people are even aware about the fact that chicken can be pickled. So this post goes out to all of you!
It blends the spicy flavors of the Andhra style with tasty chicken, while preserving the sumptuous elements of pickle. What’s more is that it goes well with rotis, rice, and dosa. If there was a list of the contributions that Andhra Pradesh made to India, we think Andhra Chicken Pickle would top that list. No, really.
Making this delicious pickle is relatively easy, too! It’ll take you about 1 hour and 15 minutes of preparation time.
Here’s The List Of Ingredients
1. 1kg of chicken, cut into apt sizes
2. 1½ tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste
3. 1½ tablespoons of red chili powder
4. ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
5. 1½ to 2 tablespoons of salt
6. 3 lemons (squeeze them and collect the juice. Heat it for 3 minutes and let it cool.)
7. 4 tablespoons of oil
To Roast And Grind
1. 3 tablespoons of dhaniyalu/coriander seeds
2. 1 tablespoon of jeera/cumin seeds
3. 1½ teaspoons of methulu/methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
4. 1 tablespoon of khus-khus/ghasagasalu/poppy seeds
5. 2 inch cinnamon stick
6. 6 cloves
7. 1 star anise
8. 1 elaichi/cardamom
To Temper (Adding Tadka)
1. 30 fresh curry leaves
2. A pinch of methi seeds
3. 15 (slightly crushed) cloves garlic
4. 3-4 dry red chilies
5. ¾ cup of oil
Now, Follow These Steps To Make Andhra Chicken Pickle
1. Dry roast each of the spices separately over low heat, and let it cool. Mix them together and grind them to a fine powder.
2. Take a heavy-bottomed vessel. Add 4 tablespoons of oil and heat it.
3. Increase flame to high and add chicken, ginger-garlic paste, salt, and red chili powder. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes are up, continue cooking but at flame reduced to medium. You have to keep stirring till all the oil is separated and barely any water content is left. This step is important and typically lasts for 25 minutes.
5. Take another heavy-bottomed vessel. Heat ¾ cup of oil in it and add curry leaves, methi seeds, crushed garlic, and dry red chilies. Sauté for a minute.
6. Now add the cooked ingredients of the other vessel to this vessel. Mix well.
7. Add the ground spice powder (from step 1) and mix well. Set the flame on medium to high and stir this mix for 15-18 minutes.
8. Add the lemon juice to this vessel and stir well. Turn off the flame to let it cool.
9. Store this mix in an airtight bottle and refrigerate. (The more you refrigerate, the longer is the shelf life.)
10. Serve this delicious Indian meal and savor the taste with your spouse or family.
Don’t have the time to cook this recipe? Try out Picklemasti.com instead! Picklemasti is India’s largest marketplace for buying pickles online from authentic picklemakers with a vast spread of pickles, home delivered at your doorstep.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Beware Of Artificial Ripening In Fruits
Author: Arihant Agro
2. Basmati Brown Rice Pulav
3. Why Should You Choose To Consume Fresh And Pure Cow Milk?
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
4. Facts About Greek Restaurants That Will Impress Your Friends
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
5. How To Do Wine Cellar Construction
Author: Jon Harper
6. The Burger Story That Took Over America
Author: Mathew Gomes
7. The Truth You Should Know About Cat Food
Author: Emma B
8. Weight Loss With Alkaline Diet – Things You Need To Know!
Author: Hampry Gomes
9. Pre And Post Workout Meal Toronto – The Importance Of Food For Exercising
Author: Oliver Shin
10. Meal Delivery Toronto – Why You Should Start Considering This Option
Author: Oliver Shin
11. 3 Health Benefits Of Wood Fired Pizza
Author: Mario Andre
12. Home Bar Design For A Stylish Home
Author: Larry Lynch
13. Opt Online Custom Bars For A Perfect Wine Party
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Common Healthy Food That You Can Include In Your Diet
15. Why Should You Buy Organic Health Food Online