ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Are Camps In Jaisalmer ?
Total Articles: 76
Jaisalmer nicknamed as Golden City lies in the heart of Thar desert, was once called Jaisalmer state. The city is named after a Rajput king, Maharawal Jaisal Singh, the founder and yellow coloured sandstone is used in every architecture and gives yellowish tinge to the place. Jaisalmer has strategically located on caravan routes to Afganistan and rulers has earned well by collecting levies from all passing caravans in silk, gold etc. Tourism is considered to be a major industry and many musicians and dancers are majorly from Jaisalmer and settled in abroad. Featured even in an international movies and has been major cultural export . Jaisalmer has been remote and the people here leads a wandering life and herds of camels, sheep, goats are kept Large herds of camels, horned cattle, sheep and goats are kept.
Jaisalmer is also known for its leather messenger bags, made from wild camels native to the area. You can see mainly beautifully sculpted structures, monuments, temples and tourists enjoy camel safaris in Thar desert and is mainly popular among vistors. Its walled township and mud fortress are the major reasons of its popularity.The city has been enriched with Jain community and has built beautiful temples. With several pilgrimage centers around,boasts of some of the oldest libraries having jain artifacts and rarest of the manuscripts. There is fierce competition in business and there goes good bargaining and even hotel prices are with good mark ups. People who not only come to visit the place but also for shopping can get shalls, carpets, jewellery at good prices. To avoid getting stuck in chaos of big cities, the trip can be good for taking relaxation in wandering around the town ,surrounding desert. Jaisalmer Fort is named as Trikhoot Garh and many battles have been fought here.The fort is very lively and much of the city’s population stays here and main attractions here are Jain temples, Laxminath temple and Royal palace.
The fort looks stunning during the day as well as night as its giant sandstone walls with yellow color looks awesome and during sun set turns into golden color. This living fort is having markets, havelis, houses and many artisans, merchants and families resides here. Folk dancers and music fascinates the visitors at camps in Jaisalmer and the artists perform cultural programme. Every year at camps in Jaisalmer Desert Festival is organized by the go by the Department of Tourism and has been popular all over world. Several competitions are held so that people can enjoy the festive mood. The famous havelis are Salim Singh ki haveli, Patwon ki haveli, Nathmal ji ki haveli etc. With Royal desert camp in middle of desert provides basic amenities apart from other extra add ons.
Travel Articles1. Experiencing Bollywood Fantasy Dubai
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
2. Summer In Dubai With Burj Khalifa Tickets
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
3. Nhai Plans Four-lane Highway In Telangana Under Bharatmala
4. Hotel Reservation Software Can Increase Sales
5. An Encounter With The Ancient Maori Culture Of Tauranga In New Zealand
Author: Roger Simister
6. Hire Cheap Heathrow Airport Taxi Simply Online
7. Get The Best Pleasure Out Of Mombasa Day Trip In A True Safari Nation Kenya
Author: Jennifer Njoki Gaithuma
8. Hire Cheap London Airport Transfer Now With The Click Of A Button
9. Promising Effort By Brazil Tour Company Makes Your Trip To Brazil Memorable
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Factors On Choosing Van Hire Landing Page In Bilston
Author: Jack William
11. How To Save More Money With Car Rental In Maui
Author: Vikram Kumar
12. The Everest Base Camp Trek - Strong, But Hugely Rewarding
Author: Sudip Shahi
13. Pearl Farm In Samal Island
Author: OUR 7107 ISLANDS
14. Plan The Destination Wedding With The Best Vacation Sells Off And Makes Memories Of A Lifetime
Author: Sam Patel
15. Oman Tourist Visa By Oman-e-visa