ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Are Camps In Jaisalmer ?
Total Articles: 76
Jaisalmer nicknamed as Golden City lies in the heart of Thar desert, was once called Jaisalmer state. The city is named after a Rajput king, Maharawal Jaisal Singh, the founder and yellow coloured sandstone is used in every architecture and gives yellowish tinge to the place. Jaisalmer has strategically located on caravan routes to Afganistan and rulers has earned well by collecting levies from all passing caravans in silk, gold etc. Tourism is considered to be a major industry and many musicians and dancers are majorly from Jaisalmer and settled in abroad. Featured even in an international movies and has been major cultural export . Jaisalmer has been remote and the people here leads a wandering life and herds of camels, sheep, goats are kept Large herds of camels, horned cattle, sheep and goats are kept.
Jaisalmer is also known for its leather messenger bags, made from wild camels native to the area. You can see mainly beautifully sculpted structures, monuments, temples and tourists enjoy camel safaris in Thar desert and is mainly popular among vistors. Its walled township and mud fortress are the major reasons of its popularity.The city has been enriched with Jain community and has built beautiful temples. With several pilgrimage centers around,boasts of some of the oldest libraries having jain artifacts and rarest of the manuscripts. There is fierce competition in business and there goes good bargaining and even hotel prices are with good mark ups. People who not only come to visit the place but also for shopping can get shalls, carpets, jewellery at good prices. To avoid getting stuck in chaos of big cities, the trip can be good for taking relaxation in wandering around the town ,surrounding desert. Jaisalmer Fort is named as Trikhoot Garh and many battles have been fought here.The fort is very lively and much of the city’s population stays here and main attractions here are Jain temples, Laxminath temple and Royal palace.
The fort looks stunning during the day as well as night as its giant sandstone walls with yellow color looks awesome and during sun set turns into golden color. This living fort is having markets, havelis, houses and many artisans, merchants and families resides here. Folk dancers and music fascinates the visitors at camps in Jaisalmer and the artists perform cultural programme. Every year at camps in Jaisalmer Desert Festival is organized by the go by the Department of Tourism and has been popular all over world. Several competitions are held so that people can enjoy the festive mood. The famous havelis are Salim Singh ki haveli, Patwon ki haveli, Nathmal ji ki haveli etc. With Royal desert camp in middle of desert provides basic amenities apart from other extra add ons.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family