ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Why Shimla Is The Best Hill Station In India
Total Articles: 26
It is that time of the year when the soft music of carols fills the chilly evenings and the atmosphere is nothing but joyous and festive. Add to that are the winter vacations. Just the perfect time for a cozy winter retreat! And if you have as charming a place as Shimla, why do you need to go to Switzerland or New Zealand for a white Christmas? Our very own Shimla can give any foreign destination a run for their money with the kind of enchanting natural beauty and hospitality of the local people. It is always a fun packed holiday destination and you can see without burning a hole in your pocket.
There are a number of wonderful places to see in Shimla. Some of the most frequented places in and around Shimla are the Mall and the Ridge Road in Shimla. This is the most happening place in Shimla and it won’t be wrong to say that it is the lifeline of the capital town. All the major offices and departments are located in Mall Road. Besides the official buildings, the long road is replete with all kinds of shops, branded showrooms, hotels and restaurants. The Ridge runs alongside the Mall Road and further leads to Lakkar Bazaar which is renowned for its collection of wooden handicrafts. Major tourist attractions located alongside the Mall Road include Scandal point, Gaiety Theater built in 1887, the Town Hall and the Kali Bari temple and the beautiful Christ Church.
Then there is the famous Jakhoo Temple located at about 2 kilometers from Shimla. It is an ancient Lord Hanuman temple at the top of the Jakhoo hill. Apart from this, there is Tara Devi Temple, Sankat Mochan temple, Arki Fort, Shimla State Museum, the picturesque Chadwick Waterfalls, beautiful heritage building called Wildflower Hall and Summer Hill.
Staying in Shima is never a problem as there are many hotels in Shimla and you can decide to stay in any of them depending on your budget. If you want to put up in a place where all the action is happening, you can stay at the hotels located alongside the Mall. Ranging from luxury, deluxe, standard to budget hotels, you will find the best of facilities in each of the category. There are also a number of resorts that are built keeping in mind the theme of a luxurious weekend escapade which guarantees privacy and serenity.
For more information about Places to see in Shimla, hotels in Shimla visit our website at http://www.shimlatravelpackages.in/
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar