ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Why Shimla Is The Best Hill Station In India
Total Articles: 26
It is that time of the year when the soft music of carols fills the chilly evenings and the atmosphere is nothing but joyous and festive. Add to that are the winter vacations. Just the perfect time for a cozy winter retreat! And if you have as charming a place as Shimla, why do you need to go to Switzerland or New Zealand for a white Christmas? Our very own Shimla can give any foreign destination a run for their money with the kind of enchanting natural beauty and hospitality of the local people. It is always a fun packed holiday destination and you can see without burning a hole in your pocket.
There are a number of wonderful places to see in Shimla. Some of the most frequented places in and around Shimla are the Mall and the Ridge Road in Shimla. This is the most happening place in Shimla and it won’t be wrong to say that it is the lifeline of the capital town. All the major offices and departments are located in Mall Road. Besides the official buildings, the long road is replete with all kinds of shops, branded showrooms, hotels and restaurants. The Ridge runs alongside the Mall Road and further leads to Lakkar Bazaar which is renowned for its collection of wooden handicrafts. Major tourist attractions located alongside the Mall Road include Scandal point, Gaiety Theater built in 1887, the Town Hall and the Kali Bari temple and the beautiful Christ Church.
Then there is the famous Jakhoo Temple located at about 2 kilometers from Shimla. It is an ancient Lord Hanuman temple at the top of the Jakhoo hill. Apart from this, there is Tara Devi Temple, Sankat Mochan temple, Arki Fort, Shimla State Museum, the picturesque Chadwick Waterfalls, beautiful heritage building called Wildflower Hall and Summer Hill.
Staying in Shima is never a problem as there are many hotels in Shimla and you can decide to stay in any of them depending on your budget. If you want to put up in a place where all the action is happening, you can stay at the hotels located alongside the Mall. Ranging from luxury, deluxe, standard to budget hotels, you will find the best of facilities in each of the category. There are also a number of resorts that are built keeping in mind the theme of a luxurious weekend escapade which guarantees privacy and serenity.
For more information about Places to see in Shimla, hotels in Shimla visit our website at http://www.shimlatravelpackages.in/
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah