ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Why Shimla Is The Best Hill Station In India
Total Articles: 26
It is that time of the year when the soft music of carols fills the chilly evenings and the atmosphere is nothing but joyous and festive. Add to that are the winter vacations. Just the perfect time for a cozy winter retreat! And if you have as charming a place as Shimla, why do you need to go to Switzerland or New Zealand for a white Christmas? Our very own Shimla can give any foreign destination a run for their money with the kind of enchanting natural beauty and hospitality of the local people. It is always a fun packed holiday destination and you can see without burning a hole in your pocket.
There are a number of wonderful places to see in Shimla. Some of the most frequented places in and around Shimla are the Mall and the Ridge Road in Shimla. This is the most happening place in Shimla and it won’t be wrong to say that it is the lifeline of the capital town. All the major offices and departments are located in Mall Road. Besides the official buildings, the long road is replete with all kinds of shops, branded showrooms, hotels and restaurants. The Ridge runs alongside the Mall Road and further leads to Lakkar Bazaar which is renowned for its collection of wooden handicrafts. Major tourist attractions located alongside the Mall Road include Scandal point, Gaiety Theater built in 1887, the Town Hall and the Kali Bari temple and the beautiful Christ Church.
Then there is the famous Jakhoo Temple located at about 2 kilometers from Shimla. It is an ancient Lord Hanuman temple at the top of the Jakhoo hill. Apart from this, there is Tara Devi Temple, Sankat Mochan temple, Arki Fort, Shimla State Museum, the picturesque Chadwick Waterfalls, beautiful heritage building called Wildflower Hall and Summer Hill.
Staying in Shima is never a problem as there are many hotels in Shimla and you can decide to stay in any of them depending on your budget. If you want to put up in a place where all the action is happening, you can stay at the hotels located alongside the Mall. Ranging from luxury, deluxe, standard to budget hotels, you will find the best of facilities in each of the category. There are also a number of resorts that are built keeping in mind the theme of a luxurious weekend escapade which guarantees privacy and serenity.
For more information about Places to see in Shimla, hotels in Shimla visit our website at http://www.shimlatravelpackages.in/
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure