ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Sit Down Bath And Showers
Total Articles: 6
Whatever your age, a sit down shower is a great new innovation that allows you to relax and enjoy your shower to the fullest. The concept of sitting down to shower is probably quite unfamiliar to most of us – we think of the shower as a quick alternative to the more elaborate tub bath and think of it as a refreshing and rejuvenating experience. There is also the idea that sit down showers are more for the elderly or the physically challenged. However, once you've experienced the soothing and calming feeling of sitting down under a shower, you'll probably never want anything else again!
With senior citizens, a sit down shower is essential for their safety and well-being. Many seniors living alone may be afraid to take a shower due to the many risks involved. Slipping on wet tiles, standing for long periods, the danger of scalding or freezing water gushing out suddenly, the problems of reaching out for bath accessories and towels and cleaning up the bathroom afterwards may be some of the issues. Even if they have nursing help, they may find it difficult to step in and out of the bath. All these factors may lead them to avoid taking a shower for days on end, leading to problems of hygiene and health. The best solution is the sit down shower, which not only helps them to retain some of their independence, but is also much more safe and comfortable.
Senior citizens can also put in additional features to enhance the sit down shower experience. For example, many seniors may find it difficult to manipulate and turn standard-size taps and knobs. They can put in large sized knobs and taps that are easy to turn, have additional hoses to reach those difficult areas like feet and back, safety rails and easily reachable shelves for bath accessories. The seating platform inside the sit down shower can be customized so the height is correctly adjusted making it more comfortable. Floors should be given special attention to make them completely slip-proof.
Many sit down showers can be combined with sit down baths. Here a safety door is fitted, which is completely sealed when closed, and the area can be filled like a conventional tub. Seating is still on a platform or bench. Since the bath is smaller and more compact, there is much less water wastage and less time spent waiting for the water to fill. The door is at a low level, making this a convenient, step-in shower cum bath unit, ideal for children, seniors and anyone who prefers to sit down and relax.
Sit down showers can be purchased as stand-alone units or you can install them while remodeling your old bathroom. They're available in different designs, colors, price-ranges etc from most reputable bathing solutions firms.
Bathe Safely is a leading sit in showers provider in UK. We can design and fit your sit in shower booth into any available space.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja