ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Nature Lover’s Holiday In Sri Lanka
Total Articles: 400
Sri Lanka, a small island in South East Asia, has been blessed with natural beauty and amazing travel destinations that create fond memories for nature lovers and travellers alike. However, the real travel connoisseur would find these true \ gems of this island that transform tour packages of Sri Lanka into an experience of enchanting natural bliss.
Sri Lake is blessed with a great coastline that allows quite a few dolphin and whale sightings. It’s no wonder that dolphin and whale watching sites such as Dondra Point, Trincomalee and Kapitiya are thriving. Travellers get to witness humpback and blue whales ride coolly across the coastal Sri Lanka while being seated at a comfortable distance.
The scenery of the country is beautiful and breathtaking at the same time. Scuba diving sites in Sri Lanka are popular for the marine life, warm and pristine waters and 18th century shipwrecks. However, if you don’t want to dive so deep to discover the treasures of the lost world, you can dive and explore the coral reefs near the shore. Their vibrant beauty is mesmerizing indeed. An adventure holiday in Sri Lanka has such unique experiences just waiting to be explored.
The most popular wild animal in the Sri Lankan wildlife are elephants. These wild and majestic Sri Lankan animals could be seen at several national parks like Yala, Wipattu, Wasgamuwa, Udwalawa and Mineriya. Another interesting fact about Sri Lanka is the Pinawela Elephant Orphanage that has the world’s most successful elephant breeding program. You can feed these elephants with equally cute milk bottles or splash water during bathing time.
Sri Lankan bird life is another spectacle that should not be missed. Thousands and thousands of migratory birds visit Sri Lanka during November to February. Any traveller within Sri Lanka during the winter in the local travel peak season must explore these species in Sri Lankan wild arena. You must attempt to catch a glimpse of Common Jezbel, Ceylon Rose, Malabar Sprite, Shearwaters, Petrels, Storm-Petrels, Forest Wagtail, Emerald Coco, Indian Pitta, Pied Thrush, Philippine Shrike, Orange Breasted Flycatcher, Plovers, etc. The best site for bird watching in Sri Lanka is Haldummulla Batgodde National Park. This is the most exciting, entertaining and scenic activity in the region that must be considered by every traveller. There is nothing better than a wildlife holiday in Sri Lanka where you enjoy the beauty and variety of birds from Northern India, Russia, Scandinavia, Siberia, and Europe on one small island.
The mile and miles of scenic tea plantations, botanical gardens and picturesque waterfalls like Duhinda falls, Diyaluma falls, Ravana falls and Bopath falls are worthy additions to a nature lover’s Sri Lankan tour package.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to spend his holidays in Sri Lanka and pursue his passion. He recently visited Sri Lanka on tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson