ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Ways To Fight Smelly Stink Bugs
Total Articles: 19
Stink bugs have not always been an issue for homeowners in the United States, unlike some other notorious pests. They odiferous creatures hitchhiked here on some cargo from Asia in the late 1990s, and since then, they have been creating some real issues wherever they go. They will eat almost anything in sight, including entire fields of crops, so controlling these little monsters is a must.
What Do Stink Bugs Look Like?
Stink bugs are just under an inch long and brown all over their bodies. They have six legs and a fairly distinct shape, as they often resemble a shield. If you disturb just one, and you will quickly find out why they are called stink bugs – a horrible odor comes out almost immediately.
You may also notice their eggs on the underside of leaves in groups of about twenty at a time. The eggs are yellow, oval shaped projections with tiny spines on them.
Can They A Problem In Homes?
While they are certainly a big deal for your plants or a farmer’s crops, they’re also an issue if they get in your home. You do not want any bugs in your home, but you particularly do not want these guys in your home if anyone in the house has allergies, asthma, or other breathing problems. They can aggravate the condition, causing more issues than many other kinds of pests.
How Do I Keep Them Out?
A good integrated pest management program can help to keep stink bugs out of your home for good. You will want to start with a look outside your home. There are lots of tiny cracks and openings they can utilize to get in, so keep a close eye around the windows, doors, and foundation of your home. Get handy with a caulk gun so you can seal up any of those tiny openings. Be especially vigilant around utility pipe openings, as just a little gap may mean they can escape into your home. Look for damaged screens, too, because they are small enough to get through tiny spots where something has ripped a hole in your screen.
In the garden, you may want to set out traps to monitor the situation. If you begin to notice an issue, you will need to destroy as many as you can. Keep in mind that most of the insecticides available are only effective against the youngest members of the clan, so you may need to treat and retreat to get rid of the problem.
How Do I Get Them Out?
If they are already in, the best way to go ahead and get them out is to contact a pest control professionals. They can be tough to completely eliminate, and the right exterminator will have the tools and knowledge necessary not only to eliminate the infestation, but also to keep them from coming back in the future.
Article Source: Ransford Pest
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Importance Of Roof Cleaning And Maintenance In Miami?
Author: Hector Sanchez
2. Important Guidelines For Purchasing Rustic Dining Table!
3. Why Hiring Relocation Company Is A Smart Decision
Author: Kathe Jonson
4. Your Guide To Buy The Best Goodman2 Ton Air Conditioner
Author: karanveer rawat
5. Few Tips For Purchasing Rustic Furniture New Hampshire!
6. Buy Only Quality Rustic Furniture New Hampshire!
7. Different Kinds Of Cleaning Services
Author: Kelli Jones
8. The Hardwood Flooring Sydney Offers A Range Of Quality Products For Your Flooring Options
9. What Are The Ultimate Advantages Of Window Glass Repair In Chicago?
Author: Russell Rabin
10. Why Choose Led Light Bulbs?
Author: Brilliant Homes
11. Pest Control Methods- Understanding The Different Options To Overcome Pest Maniac
Author: Kavya Joshi
12. Foxmowing Specializing In High-end Domestic And Commercial Lawn Mowing Projects
Author: Phil Maunder
13. Fixed Canopy Awnings Perfect Solution For When Protection Is Required From Sun Or Rain
Author: Joseph Zammit
14. Bringing The Latest Designs And Interiors At A Resonable Rate
Author: D'esprit Interiors
15. Tips To Ensure Garage Door Safety For Your Home In Rockville, Md
Author: Chan S