ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Importance Of Education
Total Articles: 185
We all know the importance of education and that knowledge is power. To truly empower someone, you need to educate them. Many of our society’ sills, like the gap between the rich and the poor, unemployment and the resulting poverty and other social and gender inequalities can be fixed with imparting basic education and vocational training to the underprivileged. Education should be made freely available to all and it should be quality education and not the kind that is currently provided by the government. After an equivalent of high-school examination, people should be given the choice to study towards college or a vocation.
This kind of goal-oriented education can help to equip people with real world skills that will help them to get ahead in life. If people have a steady job or are working towards one, they will be less likely to while away time on other wasteful pursuits, like playing cricket on the streets or watching movies. Can anyone say how many millions of Indian youth waste their time in these two useless pursuits? These young men should be made aware of the importance of education so that they study and get employed, living productive lives instead of bumming around and becoming a drain on the society.
The need of the hours is teach our young adults about environmental issues and energy conservation. Education is the enabler of social change and we need youth who are educated in order to lives sustainable lives, with regard to both the environment and the society. In the Indian context, our younger population should be taught the essential need for a pluralistic and inclusive society, while issues equality, diversity, ethnicity and justice are paid due attention. This is the only way forward for us both as a people and as a biosphere.
Environmental education and social sensitivity training can help in both areas. Our youth need to be taught from a very young age, that any form of discrimination on the basis of gender, religion or caste, or on any other basis is not right. Given the recent happenings of violence against women, the only solution is to start teaching boys from a very young age that girls are to be treated and protected and not be treated as objects.
There are many organizations that have set up outreach programs to achieve these noble goals and Earthian and WATIS are such programs. WATIStries to teach young minds to bring about a better democracy by reaching out through 30 different educational institutions. It has reached out to more than 800,000 students through 2000 schools across 17 states. This is what you can achieve with a little bit of dedication and determination. Earthian is an initiative by the Wipro for schools and colleges' designed to act as a catalyst for fostering excellence in sustainability thinking and doing amongst young people. The annual awards program is a first step towards a deeper engagement with children and young adults in schools and colleges. Those in schools and colleges today will be our future policy makers, technocrats, administrators and educationists who will lead this change.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program