ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Selenium Automation Testing Vs Qtp
Total Articles: 8
The software development team needs to test the software or the application before they hand it off to the client. When the client report any bugs, the team would debug it and again need to test the software. The manual testing was initially used but it is now replaced by automated testing process.
The automated testing process is easy to perform, simple and gives a detail report in a very less time than compared to the manual testing. It is also a better choice due to high accuracy and reliability. The problem comes when the company has to choose one testing tool from the many available in the market like QTP, Cucumber, Selenium and many others. This article compares the features of the Selenium automation testing and QTP allowing people to choose the best software testing services that would suit their needs.
Advantages of Selenium testing over QTP
1. Selenium test tool is an open source tool. So it is easy to install or download when compared to the licensed QTP.
2. The open source tool is constantly updated and improved with codes by the community.
3. It supports a lot of web browsers like IE, Firefox, Opera and Safari. QTP supports only Firefox and IE.
4. It also supports object oriented languages like Java, Perl, PHP, .Net, Ruby and Python. QTP only supports VB scripts.
5. It is compatible with many OS like Windows Mac, UNIX but QTP supports only Windows.
6. QTP requires a separate environment for testing and development but Selenium testing can be done with a wide range of IDEs like Visual Studio, Netbeans, Eclipse and others.
Advantages of QTP over Selenium
1. Selenium testing can be done only for web applications but QTP can be performed on server applications.
2. With Selenium automation testing, one needs to separately track the support for integration and test management but TD/QC can be easily integrated when it comes to QTP.
3. The user interface object management and the storage are easy to handle and has a built-in repository for the same which makes the process easier than the Selenium tests.
4. QTP can completely support all kinds of dialog boxes and all the types of file uploads.
5. Powerful scripts can be created in QTP where as in Selenium, many actions are not in IDE so they have to be manually done.
Just like a coin, each testing tool has its own set of advantages and disadvantages over other type of tools. It is to remember that no tool is universally good for all types of testing. It is better to choose the one that suits the process.
Computer Programming Articles1. Get Help Quicken Customer Service 1877-200-2151
Author: Rajeev Ranjan
2. Why Selenium Training Is So Trendy In Automation Testing
Author: Siyaram ray
3. Boost Ios Trending Searches, &*9increase The Search Results And Ranking | Tapaso
Author: Richelle Guo
4. How Cloud Will Support The Internet Of Things (iot)
Author: saarah williams
5. Et Connect Llc- A Comprehensive Service Provider For Software Applications &website Solutions!
Author: Angela Gardner
6. Why Encapsulation Is Required In Java
7. Servlet Packages And Task In Java
8. Special Features Of Java Programming Language
9. Herrliches Langes Kleid Und Unschätzbare Schmuckstücke
Author: Herrliches langes Kleid und unschätzbare Schmuckst
10. Classes & Interfaces Of Collection Framework In Java
11. Types Of Control Statement In Java
12. Concentric – The Alfresco Development & Content Management System Service Provider Company
Author: Kalpesh Patel
13. Annotations To Represent The Metadata In Java
14. 6 Amazing Benefits That Seo Packages In Sydney Brings For Your Small Startup Business
Author: Shilpa Sharma
15. Why We Used Inner Classes In Java