ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
What Are Station Service Transformers And Drive Duty Transformers?
Total Articles: 58
The Station Service Transformers are those types of voltage transformers that combine the characteristics of a voltage transformer with a convenient power capability, which leads to a fully insulated transformer, capable of up to 362 kV and with a power performance of up to 333 kVA. This combination will lead to a direct connection to a high voltage transmission line that is economically and conveniently installed. Sometimes, the Station Service Transformers (SST) is available in the form of a pedestal mounted transformer.
How it Works
The transformation of the SST often takes place directly from the high voltage primary down towards the low voltage output which supplies 125/250 VAC power or as much as 600 VAC, if specified. This is the capacity of power that the transformer is capable of when driving motor loads, lighting loads, as well as instrumentation. Ideally, the secondary ratings available for the Station Service Transformers are 120/240 vac, 115 vac, 277, 600 vac, as well as 240/480 vac. It is best to contact the transformer manufacturing company to inquire for more configurations.
Advantages of SST
The SST or the Station Service Transformers are known for its vast advantages. Among these are the following:
• it has a power rating of up to 333 kVA and has an isolated measuring winding option
• it has a shorter lead times
• it has high seismic capabilities
• it has isolated windings in order to achieve flexibility in creating different kinds of required secondary connections
• it is a low cost alternative to a distribution feeder construction
• it is known for being a reliable transmission voltage that is capable of accessing substation power
• it is low profile power rated transformer that features a compact design
• its special design could accommodate different outputs and low voltages
Drive Duty Transformers
Just like with SST, the Drive Duty Transformers are among the most commonly used transformers in various industries. For one, these types of transformers are designed to be able to meet certain harmonic spectrums in any given industry. The transformer is also known for its multiple pulse applications. It is a type of input and output transformers and has a capacity of up to 30 MVA base rating. It is also capable of up to 350 kV BIL and features an aluminum or copper wound. The Drive Duty Transformers also comes with specific seismic classifications, and it makes use of Envirotemp FR3 or Mineral oil. The transformer is available in a conservative tank design or a sealed tank design and customers can also request for a special dimensional requirements to companies that manufacture the Drive Duty Transformers. Furthermore, it is available in ambient and non standard elevation designs and can operate even on special service conditions.
It is not that hard to look for companies these days that manufacture commercial transformers, such as the Station Service Transformers and the Drive Duty Transformers. There are lots of them worldwide, although the best place to find them is to go online and search the World Wide Web.
For more information on Drive Duty Transformers, you can
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. How To Fix Norton Error Code 0x80045001?
Author: Aida Martin
2. Samsung S7 Screen Repair Uk
3. Things To Remember When Hiring Ios Development Company
Author: Eldon Broady
4. Global It Operations Analytics Market Size
5. Sony Laptop Screen Repair Uk
6. Keypoints And Solutions Before Designing A Mobile Wallet App
Author: Hvantage Technologies
7. Blackberry Keyone Repair Uk
8. Stephen Hawking: Fast Facts And Contributions To Science
Author: Dominik Banzon
9. Reach Your Prospects And Increase Your Profit Through Email Lists By Job Title
10. Top Things Developers Need To Know About Serverless Technology
Author: Amit Tiwari
11. Global Image Recognition Market Size And Share
Author: Shivani Singh
12. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Repair Uk
13. 5 Ways In Which Android Apps Can Benefit Your Business
14. Temporary Phone Answering Service Can Benefit A Small Or Large Business
Author: Eliza Garran
15. The Impact Of Mobile Apps On Businesses