ALL >> Travel >> View Article
High Profits For 2010 And New Route Expansion For Turkish Airlines
Total Articles: 1
Turkish Airlines, a Star Alliance group member, has become a powerful player in the airline industry. At the moment, they have 171 routes of which 130 are international destinations and 41 domestic. They operate flights that land practically all over the planet, from Europe to Asia and North and South America to Africa, but their home base is Ataturk International Airport. They have experienced a significant increase in passengers using the airline as well as revenues and profits over the past four years. The company made 2.2 billion USD in 2006, flying about 17 million passengers. They enjoyed an excellent year in 2009, with more than 25 million passengers flying with Turkish Airlines, resulting in a total revenue of 4 billion USD.
Turkish Airlines and US Airways negotiated and signed a codeshare agreement in January 2011. Codeshare agreements are legal contracts that allow two airlines to share passenger reservations with each other. Airlines find this arrangement advantageous because both parties can make more money and increase their customer base. It also benefits passengers as well because it gives them more flexibility in their travel deals and available flights. Thus, the codeshare signed between these two airlines will result in more options for travelers going to Turkey or to the United States. Finalizing negotiations in October, 2010, Manchester Unites, the English soccer team, and Turkish Airlines signed a contract spanning three years. Manchester United will be featured in a TV ad that will present the new concept Turkish Airlines has for business travel. There are many reasons that both sides find this a great project. The new series of ads will show some of the most well-known players enjoying all the perks of traveling business class with Turkish Airlines.
During the summer of 2010, Turkish Airlines was abuzz with plenty of action. In July 2010, Turkish Airlines signed a 5 year deal with Euroleague which stated that it would sponsor the global European basketball competition. In fact, the upcoming season will see a new name for the basketball association, Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball. This really should come as no surprise to those who follow the company's marketing strategy. Turkish Airlines understands the tremendous appeal and reach of sports. The flying public is all a part of it all.
Turkish Airlines operates flights to both US coasts, allowing passengers to take advantage of their services no matter which side of the country they are on. This makes it easy to travel to new destinations. The company operates flights to and from the two major international hubs in the US, namely Los Angeles and Washington DC.
Grand Circle Trips
Grand Circle Travel offers distinctive international vacations for older Americans. The nonprofit Grand Circle Foundation has donated more than $97 million to educational, humanitarian, and cultural organizations worldwide since 1992, including 100 schools, in 50 countries.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe