ALL >> Travel >> View Article
High Profits For 2010 And New Route Expansion For Turkish Airlines
Total Articles: 1
Turkish Airlines, a Star Alliance group member, has become a powerful player in the airline industry. At the moment, they have 171 routes of which 130 are international destinations and 41 domestic. They operate flights that land practically all over the planet, from Europe to Asia and North and South America to Africa, but their home base is Ataturk International Airport. They have experienced a significant increase in passengers using the airline as well as revenues and profits over the past four years. The company made 2.2 billion USD in 2006, flying about 17 million passengers. They enjoyed an excellent year in 2009, with more than 25 million passengers flying with Turkish Airlines, resulting in a total revenue of 4 billion USD.
Turkish Airlines and US Airways negotiated and signed a codeshare agreement in January 2011. Codeshare agreements are legal contracts that allow two airlines to share passenger reservations with each other. Airlines find this arrangement advantageous because both parties can make more money and increase their customer base. It also benefits passengers as well because it gives them more flexibility in their travel deals and available flights. Thus, the codeshare signed between these two airlines will result in more options for travelers going to Turkey or to the United States. Finalizing negotiations in October, 2010, Manchester Unites, the English soccer team, and Turkish Airlines signed a contract spanning three years. Manchester United will be featured in a TV ad that will present the new concept Turkish Airlines has for business travel. There are many reasons that both sides find this a great project. The new series of ads will show some of the most well-known players enjoying all the perks of traveling business class with Turkish Airlines.
During the summer of 2010, Turkish Airlines was abuzz with plenty of action. In July 2010, Turkish Airlines signed a 5 year deal with Euroleague which stated that it would sponsor the global European basketball competition. In fact, the upcoming season will see a new name for the basketball association, Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball. This really should come as no surprise to those who follow the company's marketing strategy. Turkish Airlines understands the tremendous appeal and reach of sports. The flying public is all a part of it all.
Turkish Airlines operates flights to both US coasts, allowing passengers to take advantage of their services no matter which side of the country they are on. This makes it easy to travel to new destinations. The company operates flights to and from the two major international hubs in the US, namely Los Angeles and Washington DC.
Grand Circle Trips
Grand Circle Travel offers distinctive international vacations for older Americans. The nonprofit Grand Circle Foundation has donated more than $97 million to educational, humanitarian, and cultural organizations worldwide since 1992, including 100 schools, in 50 countries.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson