ALL >> Religion >> View Article
My Response To The 'pastor Refuses To Pay Tip' Story
Total Articles: 6
Last month in St. Louis Missouri, a pastor left an annoyed question on her Applebee's waitress receipt in reference to tithing (Gordon, C., 2013).
"I give God 10 percent, why should you get 18?"
Is what the pastor rudely left behind causing shame and unemployment to one woman. It wasn't the waitress who got fired it was another woman who posted the receipt causing a viral uproar. It has been reported that the pastor requested that everyone who was involved to be fired (Gordon, C., 2013). Which brings me to my question, how did God get glory out of that? I'm a Christian, and I've noticed more and more how our actions make a bad name for our community. I'm not here to disrespect pastor Bell, but I have to say that she didn't represent the love of God.
First of all, waitresses or waiters don't make enough money as it is; their usually in transition for a better job trying to make ends meet. They make between 1.50 through 3.00 dollars hourly and the rest is up to us. I find it an insult to have the nerve to go out to eat and leave a tip less than ten dollars especially if you're a Christian. However, something is better than nothing. It takes a humble person to serve and if many of them could do something else they probably wouldn't be there.
Christians with sound understanding don't tell people the good they do because they know that works or any good acts doesn't get you into heaven. Salvation is a gift; therefore, no one can boast or brag about what they do for God. Tithing is what we're supposed to do; it's our reasonable service. It's also very personal; a form of worship. It's something you tell other people when you're encouraging them to trust God in that manner. Unfortunately, that wasn't it, my sister in the Lord tried to have everybody fired.
Where is the love of God? These are people's livelihood, how they take care of their families.
What about their children?
This is why many people have a hard time coming to God because of our actions. The Jesus that we have in our hearts is supposed to shine through us, being a light in a dark world. Most of the time, our selfishness and pride are in the way. There is no such thing as a perfect Christian; it's a learning experience that lasts a lifetime. We all make mistakes and I'm glad that pastor Bell apologized for her actions.
Trust me when I say that the love of God still exists even when we mess up.
Gordon, C., (2013). Pastor refuses to pay tip -- and receipt goes viral [update]. Retrieved from
Religion Articles1. How Marriages Are More Successful With Zodiac Compatibility?
Author: Pandit Rk Shastri
2. Karya Siddhi Yantra Is Meant For Fulfillment Of All Desires
3. How To Find The Best Results From Your Astrologers
4. How To Find Out The Truth About End Times And Bible Prophecy
Author: Gabriel Logan
5. Best Astrology Center In Bangalore
6. Siganificance Of Pooja Bell
7. Best Astrology Services Bangalore
8. Telugu Pandit In Bangalore | Kannada Purohit In Bangalore
9. Feng Shui Pair Elephant And Rhinoceros For Protection Against Violent 7 Star And Good Luck
10. You Can Consult Vashikaran Specialist For Getting Husband Back
Author: Kick James
11. Pandits & Purohits For Puja - Best Pandit For Griha Pravesh Puja
12. How To Choose An Astrologer In Bangalore
13. Benefits Of Bejewelled Wish Fulfilling Feng Shui Wind Horse
14. Purohit For Puja In Bnagalore
15. Uses Of Shri Gayatri Yantra For Victory And Fame