ALL >> Religion >> View Article
My Response To The 'pastor Refuses To Pay Tip' StoryBy Expert Author: Donte Henrie
Last month in St. Louis Missouri, a pastor left an annoyed question on her Applebee's waitress receipt in reference to tithing (Gordon, C., 2013).
"I give God 10 percent, why should you get 18?"
Is what the pastor rudely left behind causing shame and unemployment to one woman. It wasn't the waitress who got fired it was another woman who posted the receipt causing a viral uproar. It has been reported that the pastor requested that everyone who was involved to be fired (Gordon, C., 2013). Which brings me to my question, how did God get glory out of that? I'm a Christian, and I've noticed more and more how our actions make a bad name for our community. I'm not here to disrespect pastor Bell, but I have to say that she didn't represent the love of God.
First of all, waitresses or waiters don't make enough money as it is; their usually in transition for a better job trying to make ends meet. They make between 1.50 through 3.00 dollars hourly and the rest is up to us. I find it an insult to have the nerve to go out to eat and leave a tip less than ten dollars especially if you're a Christian. However, something is better than nothing. It takes a humble person to serve and if many of them could do something else they probably wouldn't be there.
Christians with sound understanding don't tell people the good they do because they know that works or any good acts doesn't get you into heaven. Salvation is a gift; therefore, no one can boast or brag about what they do for God. Tithing is what we're supposed to do; it's our reasonable service. It's also very personal; a form of worship. It's something you tell other people when you're encouraging them to trust God in that manner. Unfortunately, that wasn't it, my sister in the Lord tried to have everybody fired.
Where is the love of God? These are people's livelihood, how they take care of their families.
What about their children?
This is why many people have a hard time coming to God because of our actions. The Jesus that we have in our hearts is supposed to shine through us, being a light in a dark world. Most of the time, our selfishness and pride are in the way. There is no such thing as a perfect Christian; it's a learning experience that lasts a lifetime. We all make mistakes and I'm glad that pastor Bell apologized for her actions.
Trust me when I say that the love of God still exists even when we mess up.
Gordon, C., (2013). Pastor refuses to pay tip -- and receipt goes viral [update]. Retrieved from
Religion Articles1. Agate Is A Variety Of Micro Crystalline Quartz
2. Carnelian Gemstone Is An Orange Colored Variety Of Chalcedony
3. Amethyst Gemstone Necklace Helps In Enhancing The Meditative Quality
4. Coral Gemstone Relates To The Relentless Planet Mars
5. Why Tarot Card Reading Online Is Important?
6. Ram Darbar Is Contemplation On The A Variety Of Divine Qualities
7. Fengshui Crystal Diamond Is Famous For Its Chakra Healing Properties
8. Free Buddha Images For Your Comfort
9. Tsem Tulku Dalai Lama
10. Navgraha Yantra Is Used To Increase The Positive Effects Of The Nine Grahas
12. Lord Ganesh Is One Of The Most Worshipped
13. Shani Graha Is One Of The Most Powerful And Dreaded Planets
14. Laughing Buddha Is Important For The Cure To Be Effective
15. Islam: It's All About Truth And Peace
Author: Arbaaj Khan