ALL >> Religion >> View Article
My Response To The 'pastor Refuses To Pay Tip' Story
Total Articles: 6
Last month in St. Louis Missouri, a pastor left an annoyed question on her Applebee's waitress receipt in reference to tithing (Gordon, C., 2013).
"I give God 10 percent, why should you get 18?"
Is what the pastor rudely left behind causing shame and unemployment to one woman. It wasn't the waitress who got fired it was another woman who posted the receipt causing a viral uproar. It has been reported that the pastor requested that everyone who was involved to be fired (Gordon, C., 2013). Which brings me to my question, how did God get glory out of that? I'm a Christian, and I've noticed more and more how our actions make a bad name for our community. I'm not here to disrespect pastor Bell, but I have to say that she didn't represent the love of God.
First of all, waitresses or waiters don't make enough money as it is; their usually in transition for a better job trying to make ends meet. They make between 1.50 through 3.00 dollars hourly and the rest is up to us. I find it an insult to have the nerve to go out to eat and leave a tip less than ten dollars especially if you're a Christian. However, something is better than nothing. It takes a humble person to serve and if many of them could do something else they probably wouldn't be there.
Christians with sound understanding don't tell people the good they do because they know that works or any good acts doesn't get you into heaven. Salvation is a gift; therefore, no one can boast or brag about what they do for God. Tithing is what we're supposed to do; it's our reasonable service. It's also very personal; a form of worship. It's something you tell other people when you're encouraging them to trust God in that manner. Unfortunately, that wasn't it, my sister in the Lord tried to have everybody fired.
Where is the love of God? These are people's livelihood, how they take care of their families.
What about their children?
This is why many people have a hard time coming to God because of our actions. The Jesus that we have in our hearts is supposed to shine through us, being a light in a dark world. Most of the time, our selfishness and pride are in the way. There is no such thing as a perfect Christian; it's a learning experience that lasts a lifetime. We all make mistakes and I'm glad that pastor Bell apologized for her actions.
Trust me when I say that the love of God still exists even when we mess up.
Gordon, C., (2013). Pastor refuses to pay tip -- and receipt goes viral [update]. Retrieved from
Religion Articles1. Spirtuality
Author: Neha Singh
2. How To Use Feng Shui Chinese Coins For Luck And Prosperity
3. Using The Feng Shui Money Frog For Good Fortune
4. Uses And Meaning Of Tibetan Buddhist Prayer Flag
5. How To Help Vastu Hanuman Car And Wall Hanging
6. The Meaning Of The Mantra In Tibetan Buddhism
7. To Stimulate Wealth Using Chinese Coins
8. Easy Ways To Find The Best Psychic In Sydney
Author: Roosy Singh
9. How To Use Feng Shui Yin Yang Health Balls
10. A True Platform To Get Back Your Love
Author: vashikaran mantra
11. Main Function Of Seven Chakra Healing Products
12. How To Find A Great Tarot Reader? Here Are 4 Tips
Author: Roosy Singh
13. Some Interesting & Scary Superstitions About Death
Author: Andrew Smith
14. Swastik Is Known For Good Fortune And Well Being
15. The Significance Of Christian Wedding Traditions - New, Borrowed, Old, Blue