ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Is Spinal Decompression Needed?
Total Articles: 7
If you are suffering from lower back pain that never goes away, this may be a question you are asking. Simply stated, spinal decompression is a non-surgical therapy that relieves back pain and other problems associated with spinal disc injuries. Spinal decompression treatments are significantly less invasive than injections, spinal surgery and anesthesia.
Even though spinal decompression treatments are non-invasive, there are still risks involved. Thus, before a course of treatment is prescribed, it is important that a physical exam, MRI and X-rays be performed to determine the right course of treatment for you.
How Do Spinal Decompression Treatments Work?
Spinal decompression helps to decrease pressure in the discs, stimulating the blood supply, and thereby promoting healing naturally. Treatments work by relaxing the spine through specific positions. The spinal disc is put under "negative pressure," to pull the herniated disc material back inside through a vacuum effect. Treatment is often used for those who have back or neck pain because of damaged discs, including herniated disc, bulging discs, narrowing of the spinal column or stenosis of the spine, sciatica or radiculopathy.
Are There Patients Who Cannot Use Spinal Decompression?
* Those who have severe osteoporosis or degeneration of the spine;
* Those who have had spinal surgery with the implantation of screws, metal plates or similar hardware, unless the bone is fused together;
* Pregnant women--because of pressure on the abdomen.
What Then . . . ?
If you are one of the patients for whom spinal decompression treatment is not a viable option, you can rest assured that there are other methods that can provide results in addition to or as an alternative to invasive surgical options, such as chiropractic care, massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, medication, and injections.
McKim Chiropractic offers the DRS Protocol™, a non-surgical spinal decompression therapy, for their patients who quality for spinal decompression therapy. Before prescribing a course of treatment, each patient will be given a thorough examination to determine whether the DRS Protocol™ is the right course of treatment for them.
Want to regain your ability to function pain-free in daily activities your family and friends? Contact our doctors at McKim Chiropractic by calling our Nampa or Boise offices or go to http://www.mckimchiropractic.com for more information about spinal decompression. Our licensed and certified staff is happy to help the residents of Boise, ID and Nampa, ID achieve pain-free living.
McKim Chiropractic Boise, ID is health care Chiropractors profession treat with spinal decompression for relief of pressure. Consider Spinal Decompression Boise ID Therapy, the safe, non-surgical alternative with us.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe