ALL >> Health >> View Article
It Is Easy To Overcome The Grip Of Tmj Related Pain
Total Articles: 79
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) connects jaw to the side of head. Cause of TMJ dysfunction is not clear, but dentists believe that symptoms arise from problems with the muscles of the jaw or with the parts of the joint itself. When it works well, it enables to talk, chew, and yawn. Injury to the jaw can cause TMJ disorder. There are various reasons of this disorder like grinding or clenching the teeth, which puts a lot of pressure on the TMJ, dislocation of the soft cushion or disc between the ball and socket, presence of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis in the TMJ. Stress is the basic and common reason which can cause a person to tighten facial and jaw muscles or clench the teeth. TMJ disorders are not uncommon and have a variety of symptoms like Pain that travels through the face, jaw, or neck, stiff jaw muscles, limited movement or locking of the jaw, painful clicking or popping in the jaw and a change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together. It is easy to overcome the grip of TMJ related pain.
There are various treatment options to relieve the pain. Patients may complain of earaches, headaches and limited ability to open their mouth. They may also complain of clicking or grating sounds in the joint and feel pain when opening and closing their mouth. What must be determined, of course, is the cause. For the examination of problem dentist can palpate the joint by placing the fingertips in the preauricular region just in front of the tragus of the ear. The patient is then asked to open their mouth and the fingertip will fall into the depression left by the translating condyle.
Everyone is different, therefore for most people, pain or discomfort in the jaw muscles or joints is temporary, often occurs in cycles, and resolves once you stop moving the area. Some people with TMD pain, however, can develop chronic symptoms. Many TMJ-related symptoms are caused by the effects of physical stress on the structures around the joint. These structures include Cartilage disk at the joint, Muscles of the jaw, face, and neck, nearby ligaments, blood vessels, and nerves. The exact cause of a person's TMJ disorder is often difficult to determine. Your pain may be due to a combination of problems, such as arthritis or jaw injury. TMD pain is often made worse while opening and closing the jaw. The pain will often occur only on one side of the face.
Alex Bowmann is the author of this article. For further detail about tmj and tmj pain please visit the website.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men