ALL >> Health >> View Article
Getting New Teeth Implants In Rutherford? Know About Your Teeth Replacement Options, Part 3
Total Articles: 37
Welcome to the third installment of this four-part article series on what those in need of new teeth implants in Rutherford really need to know about traditional removable dentures and the various challenges they can come hand-in-hand with. In our previous article installment, we spoke to a dental implants dentist in NJ about the value, utility and functionality of dentures as a teeth replacement technology and the following shocking facts were revealed:
1. 50% of denture wearers say they eat better without their false teeth because they’re so uncomfortable and painful.
2. After 15 years of wearing dentures, patients are typically only able to bite down with a force of 6 pounds per square inch, which is a 97% reduction of a healthy bite.
3. Malnutrition can be a major problem for elderly denture wearers who can only managed very soft and highly processed foods. This can reduce their life expectancy by 10 years!
We’re only halfway through this article series, so let’s continue…
Partial Denture Problems
“Many patients who are experiencing a failing dentition and tooth loss first get a partial denture fitted,” says a new teeth implants dentist in Rutherford. “This appliance is custom made to replace the teeth that have already gone missing by using the remaining healthy teeth as anchors for support. They often do this through metal clasps, which are attached to the supporting teeth. The problem is, a study has shown that after a period of eight years, a shocking 40% of a patient’s remaining teeth have became fractured or decayed as a result of these clasps. Essentially, wearing partial dentures can accelerate the rate of tooth loss because of the stress they put on a patient’s healthy teeth.”
“A much better solution can be to first treat the cause of tooth loss, which often is recurrent infection, and then to replace a patient’s missing teeth with dental implants NJ. Implants are freestanding, so they do not require support from the adjacent teeth, thus sparing them from the strain and abuse caused by a dental appliance. Other problems associated with partial dentures may include bone loss, difficulty cleaning and oral discomfort.”
“Because dental implants replace the roots of missing teeth as well as the crowns, they function much more like natural teeth. This not only typically makes them stronger and more durable as a teeth replacement solution; it can also make them feel more natural. Removable dentures, on the other hand, tend to shift from side-to-side when eating and during conversation. Not even the use of adhesive strips (an additional expense to patients) can prevent this problem, which becomes a discomfort patients will just have to grow accustomed to,” says a dental implants dentist in NJ.
Dental Implant Success Rate
“Many patients are concerned about the procedure behind getting new teeth implants placed in Rutherford. The great news is, with the sophistication of the techniques and technologies used to facilitate oral rehabilitation, getting dental implants is rarely a traumatic and lengthy process. In most cases, patients can get a new set of teeth placed in as little as a single day and with only a single surgery,” says a dental implants surgeon in NJ.
“Additionally, the approximate success rate for single tooth replacement is an incredible 98% while complete oral rehabilitation is 95% over a period of 10 years. Typically, patients won’t need to come back for additional restorative dental work, as teeth implant-supported prostheses tend to last several decades if cared for properly. You will, of course, need to go for regularly scheduled dental appointments and professional cleanings, as this preventative care is essential in maintaining good oral health, even if you don’t have any natural teeth left.
Stay Tuned for Part 4
To read more about what you really need to know about removable dentures and the host of challenges they tend to come with, stay tuned for the final installment of this four-part article series on getting new teeth implants in Rutherford.
Gina Butler is a writer with a postgraduate degree in science & a passion for writing. Using her advanced insights of working with a renowned Dental Implants Surgeon, she writes about all manner of dental topics, including dentistry & cutting-age dental implant techniques.
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab