ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
A Comprehensive Guide To Buy Gemstones
Total Articles: 92
Gemstones and semi-precious stones have always been used since centuries by people to welcome happiness and prosperity and keep the evil eye at bay. Gemstones have become an integral part of jewellery and religious rituals. Mining technology has developed opening the doors for jewellers and gemstone believers to procure such semi-precious stones easily. Today, retailers and jewellers have expanded their markets and have brought purchase of gemstones online to seize the opportunities in the market.
How to buy Semi precious gemstones?
To know how to buy semi precious stones, it is important to know how to choose the right one. Check the list below for the different types of gemstones and its properties.
• Peridot is the stone associated with August-borns. It is of green hue and set in gold only.
• The turquoise is a hard stone which is set in silver. It is shaded in different hues of blue.
• The garnet is red and represents the month of January. The garnet is available in all shades except blue and are durable by nature.
• The blue topaz is set in silver or platinum and is rare to find.
• The crystal clear Citrine looks similar to the yellow topaz and is set in silver and gold.
• The deep violet Amethyst set in gold is the official birthstone for February, found everywhere in the world.
• The Ametrine is a mix of Amethyst and Citrine and is a mix of yellow and purple.
• The clear and bright Lolite is blue or bluish Violet colour.
What do you understand about grading gemstones?
Grade the gemstones as of an excellent, good, fair or bad quality before purchasing it. The gemstone’s colour is a vital deciding factor. There are primary colours of red, blue and green, combination of primary colours and neutral shades of white, grey and black. When the stone is of a neutral shade, the value is determined as per the saturation, hue, tint, colour grade and colour tone. If the buyer wants to buy a high grade gemstone, it is advised to check the colour tone and grade.
What is colour zoning?
Colour zoning refers to the colour existing in only particular zones or areas of the gemstone. Though this is not advisable, check the following 4 different types of zone patterns as some zoning is higher than others.
• Universal zoning of colour
• Faint or minor discolouration in the saturation hue of the stone
• Gradual zoning i.e tendency of blended weakening of shade of the stone
• Visible zoning has patches of colour on the stone which tend to change hues abruptly.
How are clarity, radiance and depth of the stone important?
• Clarity is the inclusion in a gemstone. It refers to the presence of any substance, not part of a mineral or semi-precious stone.
• The radiance or brilliance is the quantum of light the stone reflects at a particular position. Higher brilliance corresponds to higher values of the stone.
• Divide the stone height by its minimum width and you get the depth of the stone. As per research, the ideal depth is 60-80%. It determines the perception of colour saturation.
This article has been written and posted by a astrologer, working with gempundit.com and provides free of consultancy on Semi precious stones and tell more about gemstones benefits.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Know The Facts About Nazar Battu Evil Eye Protector
Author: payal dubey
2. Get The Amazing Traditional Handmade Kumkum Sindoor Box
Author: payal dubey
3. Online Grocery Shopping Store | Grocery Store Online Shopping
4. Top 5 Tips To Purchase The Right Chair Online
Author: Anaya Sharma
5. The Must-read Shopping Tips For Baby Frocks
6. Selling Successfully At Online B2b Marketplace From Sellers Perspective
Author: Gail Herper
7. Latest Update Shopping Site For Every Household Product
Author: Garima Yadav
8. Citizen Eco-drive Chronograph Men’s Watch A Classical Revisit
9. Casio Classic Sports Chronograph Men’s Watch| Brilliant Under A Simple Face
11. Vr Bengaluru - One Of The Topmost Entertainment Places In Bangalore
12. Why Promotional Products Are So Effective For Marketing?
Author: Victor Lee
13. Diesel Mega Chief Chronograph Black Dial Mens Watch| Speedy Freddie’s Love It
14. Hip Hop Fashion And Style - Keeping Hip And Trendy
Author: Piter Nicolas
15. All About Fashion Jewellery