ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
A Comprehensive Guide To Buy Gemstones
Total Articles: 93
Gemstones and semi-precious stones have always been used since centuries by people to welcome happiness and prosperity and keep the evil eye at bay. Gemstones have become an integral part of jewellery and religious rituals. Mining technology has developed opening the doors for jewellers and gemstone believers to procure such semi-precious stones easily. Today, retailers and jewellers have expanded their markets and have brought purchase of gemstones online to seize the opportunities in the market.
How to buy Semi precious gemstones?
To know how to buy semi precious stones, it is important to know how to choose the right one. Check the list below for the different types of gemstones and its properties.
• Peridot is the stone associated with August-borns. It is of green hue and set in gold only.
• The turquoise is a hard stone which is set in silver. It is shaded in different hues of blue.
• The garnet is red and represents the month of January. The garnet is available in all shades except blue and are durable by nature.
• The blue topaz is set in silver or platinum and is rare to find.
• The crystal clear Citrine looks similar to the yellow topaz and is set in silver and gold.
• The deep violet Amethyst set in gold is the official birthstone for February, found everywhere in the world.
• The Ametrine is a mix of Amethyst and Citrine and is a mix of yellow and purple.
• The clear and bright Lolite is blue or bluish Violet colour.
What do you understand about grading gemstones?
Grade the gemstones as of an excellent, good, fair or bad quality before purchasing it. The gemstone’s colour is a vital deciding factor. There are primary colours of red, blue and green, combination of primary colours and neutral shades of white, grey and black. When the stone is of a neutral shade, the value is determined as per the saturation, hue, tint, colour grade and colour tone. If the buyer wants to buy a high grade gemstone, it is advised to check the colour tone and grade.
What is colour zoning?
Colour zoning refers to the colour existing in only particular zones or areas of the gemstone. Though this is not advisable, check the following 4 different types of zone patterns as some zoning is higher than others.
• Universal zoning of colour
• Faint or minor discolouration in the saturation hue of the stone
• Gradual zoning i.e tendency of blended weakening of shade of the stone
• Visible zoning has patches of colour on the stone which tend to change hues abruptly.
How are clarity, radiance and depth of the stone important?
• Clarity is the inclusion in a gemstone. It refers to the presence of any substance, not part of a mineral or semi-precious stone.
• The radiance or brilliance is the quantum of light the stone reflects at a particular position. Higher brilliance corresponds to higher values of the stone.
• Divide the stone height by its minimum width and you get the depth of the stone. As per research, the ideal depth is 60-80%. It determines the perception of colour saturation.
This article has been written and posted by a astrologer, working with gempundit.com and provides free of consultancy on Semi precious stones and tell more about gemstones benefits.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. The A To Z Of Smoking Pipes For A Beginner
Author: Samil Sermet
2. Advice For Selling Gold Jewelry
Author: Kevin Smith
3. Surface Book Promo Code 2017 For The Ultimate Laptop For Computing Needs
Author: Christine Bleakley
4. Discover The Many Benefits And Advantages Of Getting The Right Beading Supplies
Author: Beading Supplies
5. Finding Beautiful Bridesmaid Dresses Nz On A Budget
6. Connect The People With Vodafone Mobile Network
Author: Vedprakash Singh
7. Get To Choose And Send Attractive Birthday Gifts To India Via A Reputed Online Store
Author: Deepak Gupta
8. Look Trendy With Latest Fashion Accessories
Author: Sam u
9. What You Need To Know About Tongue Piercing?
Author: Steve Smith
10. Find The Best Waist Trainer Online That Can Help You Achieve The Best Shape Of Your Waist
11. What’s A Kippah & The Spiritual Beliefs Behind It?
12. Affordable Gifts To Send On Ugadi And Gudi Padwa Online India
13. Things To Consider While Hiring Repairers
Author: Crcustom Services
14. Hiring Promising Repair Services Systematically
Author: Crcustom Services
15. Different Types Of Gemstone Trends In Handmade Gemstone Jewellery
Author: Lucas Lawrence