ALL >> Health >> View Article
Proven Holiday Weight Loss TechniquesBy Expert Author: Jewel Biron
Weight loss during the holidays almost sounds like a contradiction. There are all kinds of excuses to forget all about your diet! As the temperatures drop outside, many people take to baking, and the closer to the holidays it gets, the more cookies and other treats appear all over. It's also hard to prevent yourself from overindulging at holiday dinners, with so many rich and fattening foods to choose from! Trying to maintain a good and healthy diet and exercise routine doesn't have to be a major battle, though. It only takes some researching into the best methods for dealing with the holidays. So let's find out how this is possible. Control your portion sizes. Stick to smaller plates, and if you have a large one, only fill it up halfway. When you put something on your plate, limit the size of your portion. If you've got a large plate, fill up most of it with salad or vegetables and leave less room for the heavier dishes. It's not so much eating the wrong foods that causes weight gain, but eating them in large quantities. Keeping your portions small is a proven technique for any diet, and it's something you have to remember during this challenging season. The holidays don't have to mean the collapse of your diet as long as your portions are reasonable at all times. One of the most traditional activities during the holidays is eating until you feel overly full. Some people even take to wearing looser fitting clothing like sweatpants this time of year. Rather than making it easy for yourself to overindulge, you should make yourself wear items that fit tightly. Make sure you put on a restrictive belt. Here is the key: make sure that you will not be able to take off that belt -at least not without people looking at you as if you had gone crazy. This will make you think twice before taking extra portions of fattening foods. Being more sociable at a holiday party can help control your eating -when you're ready to grab some extra food, talk to someone in place of this. Conversations are effective diversions that can stop you from eating too much. The idea is to shift your basic focal point at holiday events -make your main goal to talk to people and push eating into a secondary role. This is actually the whole point of holiday gathering, anyway, so why not take advantage of this? So don't give the food more attention than it deserves! The holidays don't have to be an excuse to forget all about diet and exercise -not if you're determined to stay on course even at this challenging time. So many people believe that the holidays are the time of year when you can just give up, but that isn't true. Just make the decision that you're going to make it through this holiday season without gaining any weight, and perhaps even losing some.
For more helpful information click on:
holiday weight loss
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat