ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Rise Of The Raccoon
Total Articles: 113
Being on top of the food chain has its perks, no doubt about it. Humans, as the dominant species on the planet, are used to being the big dogs of the world. And in that dominance of ours, it’s become very easy to often bask in our ignorance of other species, regardless of how we call them. Whether they’re called pests, vermin or some other name that we’ve given them, one thing is certain – there is much more to them than meets the eye. Therefore it is essential that we get to know all aspects of the wildlife that surrounds us.
One of the animals we’ve all heard a lot about and many of us have also seen is the raccoon. Contrary to popular belief, the common raccoon (also known as northern raccoon, North American raccoon, and also coon) is not a rodent, but a mammal. It is a medium sized animal, and is easily recognizable due to its under fur that’s very dense, its iconic facial mask and agile and skillful front paws. Raccoons are known to be extremely intelligent and resourceful, which is part of the reason why they are considered to be a pest. That’s why it often happens that when people are in need of pest control, raccoons are the likely culprit.
Another reason why coons are very often the objects of wildlife control is the fact that they posses extraordinary adaptive capabilities. Although they primarily inhabit various forests and occasional mountain areas, because of their aforementioned adaptability, they are also known to inhabit wide coastal and urban areas.
Raccoon removal is a common problem in many urban areas across North America, as the raccoons are native to that continent. Although the species is widely spread across the country, there are several areas around major cities that seem to be particularly interesting to the raccoons. One of those areas is the city of Des Moines, Iowa.
Since raccoons have always been, and always will be, a nuisance and an inconvenience, to say the least, many homeowners are taking it upon themselves to resolve the pesky coon problem. In that battle, the human does not care what means he has to utilize, just to get the job done, even if that means that the particular measure is illegal. Many people use poison to try to get rid of raccoons, but the use of poison is not allowed by law, not to mention the possible negative consequences that would occur if, for example, a pet or some other animal protected by law were to ingest the poison.
When considering methods of humane pest control, there are a few things you can do in order to know your enemy, as the saying goes. You can familiarize yourself with the basic habits of the animal, then remove the sources of its temptation, and hopefully save yourself a lot of time and trouble.
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev