ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Electric Scooters (mobility Scooters)
Total Articles: 312
Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are specially designed for people who have low mobility. An electric scooter is basically a battery-operated vehicle with the capacity of only one person. These scooters are mainly used by those people who feel difficulty in standing or walking for long periods of time. The Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are either designed for indoor use, outdoor use and both indoor and outdoor use. The main difference between an Electric Scooter and a motorized wheelchair is that the later is generally intended for indoor use and also costs more.
The Mobility scooters generally come in a wide range of styles which are capable of accommodating different types of user needs. The Electric Scooters can have three wheels or maybe four. All these scooters run with battery power, so there is no chance to create environmental pollution. The pair of batteries used by these scooters are rechargeable and need to be re-charged on a regular basis. The time and distance covered by an electric scooter after every charging depends significantly on the type of battery and its capacity. There is no need to worry about the operation of these scooters as they are very easy. The Electric Scooters are generally equipped with advanced brake systems which make the stopping of these scooters very simple. These scooters also have parking brake which stops from rolling the vehicle when it is parked.
·Different types of Electric Scooters
There are different types of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters according to the various users needs. They are as follows:
1) Transportable or Foldable Mobility Scooters: As the name implies these scooters are easily foldable and ready to transport at any time. These type of scooters are perfect for people those who love traveling. These scooters can be disassembled into 3 or 4 pieces of light parts, according to the different scooter models, for easy transport in most cars trunks.
2) Three-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: The three- wheeled mobility scooters offer full-sized comfort and durability which is absolutely perfect for both indoor as well as outdoor use. These scooters have a maximum weight capacity of 300 to 500 lbs.
3) Four-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: Whenever maximum stability is required a fourth wheel is necessary to support the three- wheeled structure to obtain a stable platform. These types of scooters are mainly used for outdoor use. These scooters have bigger tires with wider base and can go as fast as 10 mph.
4) Heavy Duty Electric Scooters: These scooters are built for heavy people who weigh more than 350 pounds. These scooters come with both three and four-wheeled models and with the weight capacity up to 500 pounds.
·The Advantages of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters
The main advantages of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are as follows:
1)As the Electric Scooters are powered by battery therefore no physical exertion is required.
2)The people with low mobility can go uphill very easily with the help of these scooters.
3)The person who feels difficulty in walking does not need anybodies assistance to drive these scooters as it is very easy operating these scooters.
Chevrolet Certified Pre Owned
Houston Auto Dealerships
1500 For Sale In Houston
Automobiles Articles1. How Much Does It Cost To Repair Car Headlights?
Author: Nathan Howard
2. Working With The Best Van Hire Service
Author: Gabriel Fulton
3. 5 Ways To Find Great Deals On Used Cars
4. Rejoice The Moment Of Experiencing Some Great Family Time On A Trip
Author: Masson Donnelly
5. Husky Floor Mats : The Best Darn Truck Mats Around
Author: Cass Cooper
6. Wrong Steps That Can Make Your Travel Budget Double
Author: Max Brier
7. What All Are Needed To Build A Harley Davidson Custom Cruiser At Your Home?
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Everything You Need To Know Before Hiring Tipper Trailers
Author: Emma Denton
9. Which 4th Of July Car Deals Are Worth Your Dollars?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
10. Exactly Why Automobile Wrapping Can Be So Popular Today?
Author: Magdalene Munter
11. Just Bought A Mazda 6 For Sale? Is It Illegal To Drive It With The Interior Lights On?
Author: Adam Butler
12. What To Expect From The 2018 Mazda Bt 50
Author: Adam Butler
13. A Brief Review: The Mazda Bt 50
Author: greg dean
14. Hid Vs. Led Headlights: Dealing With The Car Lighting Dilemma
Author: Nathan Howard
15. Tips For Your Ute Maintenance
Author: Sarah James