ALL >> Family >> View Article
A Short Guide To The Different Types Of Flooring
Total Articles: 17
There are various types of flooring options, and each floor has its own characteristics making it suitable for particular areas. The 3 common types of flooring that are popularly used are mentioned below;
Polished concrete floors
Polished concrete floors have been gaining more and more popularity. Though concrete has always been cheaper compared to other type of flooring, traditional floors like granite, marble and tile have dominated the market owing to their visual appeal. However, the modern concrete floors have gained popularity owing to the various benefits it offers. A polished concrete is not simply a boring concrete slab rather you have many varieties to choose from, and unique styles are easily available.
Traditional flooring needs regular maintenance, woods needs to be re-waxed, carpet needs to be cleaned, and marble and tile needs regular upkeep. However, polished concrete flooring saves you both money and time on general upkeep and maintenance. Concrete is the starting point of flooring and other items are layered above increasing the flooring cost and the effect on the environment. If you opt for polished concrete floors, not only will you save money, but will also lend a helping hand towards protecting the environment.
Stained concrete floors
Stained concrete floors have also become very popular in the industrial, commercial, as well as residential projects owing to the various benefits these floors offer. From initial cost saving to low maintenance and durability, stained concrete floors is the best choice in almost every building or renovation project. Stained concrete flooring is highly durable and resistant to wear and tear, and these are amongst its best qualities.
This type of flooring does not flake, buckle or wrap like various other flooring options. Concrete floors can absorb, store and release heat and coolness slowly. Owing to this thermal mass property, stained concrete floors can reduce the load on air conditioning or heating equipment by balancing the indoor temperature swings when the temperatures outdoors varies drastically. Stained concrete floors permit low amount of moisture to pass through them without resulting in any negative effects. These flooring does not rot or wrap, grow mildew or mold or discolor like other flooring when exposed to moisture from below or above, thus making it an ideal option for basement floors.
Epoxy floors too have become quite popular and have many advantages to offer. They require minimum amount of maintenance because they have no cracks or seams where dirt can collect, and does not support growth of mold or mildew. Epoxy floors are resistant to alkalis as well as acidic materials like sodium carbonate, trisodium phosphate, ammonium hydroxide and other detergents and chemicals. Even after years of being laid, epoxy floors maintain their original color and resist fading. Epoxy floors are available in various colors and thus can be blended to suit specific needs. They are popularly used as garage floors. Since epoxy floors can resist cracking, stains and peeling, they can bear the hot tires from cars without being damaged.
One must always weigh the pros versus the cons before implementing this type of coating in the form of epoxy floors.
Family Articles1. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
2. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
3. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
4. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
5. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
6. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias
7. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Look After Your Elders At Home
8. Top Tips To Help Seniors Have A Happy Holiday Season
Author: Sudhir Singh
9. Building A Circle Of Friends In Your Senior Years
Author: Sudhir Singh
10. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Is The Best Option For Elderly Care At Home
11. Full Time Employee, Entrepreneurand Father – The Highs And Lows
12. Know The Importance Of Maternity And Newborn Baby Photography
Author: Jennifer Gordon
13. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders At Home
14. How To Make The Most Of Your Used Car & Why Should You Upsell?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
15. Tips To Select The Best Car Seat For Infants And Newborns