ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Why Photographers Should Have A Website
Total Articles: 133
The modern web was made for photographers; it’s such a visual medium where beautiful images have an incredible impact. Text, or copy, is still important for SEO considerations and for those visitors that want to spend more time on your content. Video is fantastic, and many photographers have the capability to produce great videos with their current equipment.
But unlike still images, by its nature video demands time — you need 30 seconds to watch a 30 second video versus a quick glance at a photo that usually communicates the entire message.
For the vast majority of professional photographers and aspiring photographers, having a website is a necessity. There are many social media networks to share images, such as Facebook, 500px, Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram, and Pinterest — and it can be beneficial to have a presence on them. However, the greatest advantage of having a website is that you are in full control of the design, navigation, branding, and information. This gives you an unparalleled opportunity to engage your potential clients and website visitors with your unique story.
You can also promote your offline photography business through a website. Let’s say you’re a wedding photographer based in Barcelona, Spain. Now imagine that a potential customer googles ‘wedding photographers Barcelona‘. I think you can see where I’m going with this – a professional website that appears on the first page of Google’s search results will definitely win you more business. Moreover you can showcase your portfolio online.
Having a website, also saves you from copyright infringement. Did you know that recently every photo on Flickr ended up on sale – without the photographers’ knowledge? Copyright infringement and intellectual property issues are hot topics for photographers right now. Even large organizations with plenty of cash (and who should know better!) like the BBC have been accused of copyright infringement. This means it’s imperative for photographers to be aware of where their photos are appearing online and how to prevent image theft. It’s a complex issue with no easy solution. But keeping your photos in one place – such as your own website – is an excellent start. You can decide which photos to display, watermark them, and make it as difficult as possible for someone to steal them.
Recent Surveys reveal that, nowadays customers search the reviews of the photographers online, so that they can get the idea of the services provided from them. So having a website and adding some good testimonials from your customers will definitely help you to grow your business steadily. Also a good portfolio page will add values to your work and website.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Importance Of An Online Directory For The Construction Industry
Author: John Smith
2. Use The Important Investment Tips To Be More Benefitted
Author: David Johnson
3. Never Ignore These Mobile App Development Suggestions By Digital Marketing Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
4. Top 5 Reason To Hire Digital Marketing Company For Sme’s Business:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
5. The Prominent Uses Of Webcasting In Business Management
Author: Dreamcast UAE
6. It’s Time To Move From Local Stores To E-commerce Websites !
Author: Vijay solanki
7. 10 Reasons Why You Should Enlist Your Construction Business In Online Directory
8. Startup Consulting Firms – Coordination Is Important
Author: Script Technology
9. How To Select The Best Application For Card Processing System
Author: Styling Boostar
10. Brandzam: Unique Website Names At Affordable Prices
Author: parveen kumar
11. Want To Win Rankbrain With Your Content? Here Are 4 Top Tips
Author: Jerry Tait
12. Introduction To Youtube Live Streaming Service
Author: Dreamcast India
13. Ai Speech | Virtual Assistant For Website | I-talk
14. Checkout! How Digital Marketing Has Benefitted Flipkart !!
Author: Naresh Kumar Soma
15. Videography Atlanta – Top Media Production Companies Are Ready To Deliver Maximum Convenience
Author: William Brown