ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Tips To Create A Successful Claims System Data Conversion Strategy
Total Articles: 499
Converting and re-configuring a new core claim system can come with very high risk factors. As you begin to put together an outline of how data will be moved from a legacy system to a new core system a solid plan is important. Making sure the right company team members are involved will be the first step in setting up a successful data conversion plan. Make sure to include management team members from key departments including analysts, programmers, testers, claim supervisors, and managers from all departments that will be interacting with the new system. The data conversion plan provides the schematics needed to build a high level workflow process for each integrated application.
Planning a conversion strategy should be detailed, organized, and a clear roadmap. Your data conversion team can use a checklist to create a methodology on the best ways to perform the conversion and handle any problems that may come up. A few basic items that should be on your conversion strategy checklist are:
• Software and Hardware requirements.
• What current interface or process is being used that must move over to the new system?
• What security parameters must be put in place?
• Conversion deadline date.
• Production targeted date.
• How will the end-user environment operate?
• Volume of data that will be converted.
• Data depository requirements.
Once a detailed project scope is put together a data map with detailed lists of elements, and sets that will be moved into the new claim management system is essential. Several issues that can appear during this phase can be:
• Default settings
• Variations to data due to multiple programs being used in the legacy system
• Duplicate entries
• Corrupted Data
Having a data clean up and translation process will allow the data to easily convert into the new claim system format. Quality data gives insurers an advantage to perform historical analysis on trends and market changes. As data is moved a test plan should be integrated throughout the entire conversion strategy. It is best to have three levels of testing mapped out.
A unified understanding of how the conversion will be performed and the project scope in general will help with communication amongst all conversion team members. Project leaders will be able to use the data conversion plan to determine possible hiccups that may occur ahead of time and provide a roadmap for successful claim system implementation.
JDi Data Corporation has provided insurance claims software since 1992. Jdidata.com is preferred by many insurers, risk managers, and third party administrators for property and casualty, medical malpractice, and specialty lines. JDi Data has built a reputation in quality www.jdidata.com with special emphasis on complex litigation.
Insurance Articles1. What To Know About Ncb
Author: Bhargav Baweja
2. Steps To Follow After A Car Accident
3. How The Car Insurance Calculator Calculates Your Premium
Author: Bhargav Baweja
4. Permanent Protection For Temporary Living Identifying The Three Elements Of Effective Coverage
5. Do I Need To Compare Bike Insurance To Only Cut My Cost?
Author: Dinesh Mittal
6. Types Of Auto Insurance Discount Programs
7. Satisfy Your Dream Of Owning A Home With The Home Loan
Author: Bank Bazaar Loan
8. Public Insurance Adjusters And Few Factors To Consider Before Hiring Them
9. Clarifying Coverage - Why Insurance Is Essential For Modern Living
10. Select One Of The Best Auto Insurance Companies In California
11. Unique Ways To Save On Auto Insurance A No-nonsense Guide To Save Money Without Sacrificing Coverage
12. Health Insurance Company
Author: Kent Pinkerton
13. Compare Health Insurance Online & Plan For The Emergency Room
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
14. The Best Mortgage Advice Liverpool
15. Professional Mortgage Advice Liverpool