ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Tips To Create A Successful Claims System Data Conversion Strategy
Total Articles: 499
Converting and re-configuring a new core claim system can come with very high risk factors. As you begin to put together an outline of how data will be moved from a legacy system to a new core system a solid plan is important. Making sure the right company team members are involved will be the first step in setting up a successful data conversion plan. Make sure to include management team members from key departments including analysts, programmers, testers, claim supervisors, and managers from all departments that will be interacting with the new system. The data conversion plan provides the schematics needed to build a high level workflow process for each integrated application.
Planning a conversion strategy should be detailed, organized, and a clear roadmap. Your data conversion team can use a checklist to create a methodology on the best ways to perform the conversion and handle any problems that may come up. A few basic items that should be on your conversion strategy checklist are:
• Software and Hardware requirements.
• What current interface or process is being used that must move over to the new system?
• What security parameters must be put in place?
• Conversion deadline date.
• Production targeted date.
• How will the end-user environment operate?
• Volume of data that will be converted.
• Data depository requirements.
Once a detailed project scope is put together a data map with detailed lists of elements, and sets that will be moved into the new claim management system is essential. Several issues that can appear during this phase can be:
• Default settings
• Variations to data due to multiple programs being used in the legacy system
• Duplicate entries
• Corrupted Data
Having a data clean up and translation process will allow the data to easily convert into the new claim system format. Quality data gives insurers an advantage to perform historical analysis on trends and market changes. As data is moved a test plan should be integrated throughout the entire conversion strategy. It is best to have three levels of testing mapped out.
A unified understanding of how the conversion will be performed and the project scope in general will help with communication amongst all conversion team members. Project leaders will be able to use the data conversion plan to determine possible hiccups that may occur ahead of time and provide a roadmap for successful claim system implementation.
JDi Data Corporation has provided insurance claims software since 1992. Jdidata.com is preferred by many insurers, risk managers, and third party administrators for property and casualty, medical malpractice, and specialty lines. JDi Data has built a reputation in quality www.jdidata.com with special emphasis on complex litigation.
Insurance Articles1. Infoglobaldata Released Accurate And Verified Life Insurance Mailing List For Your Marketing Needs
2. Get A Free Car Insurance Quote Online From Any Auto Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
3. Collector Car Insurance - Top 6 Benefits Of Specialty Collector Car Insurance Companies
Author: Jason Davis
4. Choose The Best Medical Plan For Expatriates Based On Your Requirements
5. Cheaper Home Insurance Premium Strategies
Author: Home Insurance
6. Corporate Health Insurance
7. Get Your Property Insurance Claims From The Best Insurance Claim Advisers
8. What You Need To Know About Fire Damage Insurance Cover?
Author: Claim Makers
9. Chief Benefits Of Having International Medical Policy For Every Individual
10. Tips To Choosing The Right Car Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
11. Features Of Term Insurance Policies
12. Features And Benefits Of Ulips
13. Questions To Ask Before Buying A Life Insurance Policy
Author: Ekta Kariya
14. Ontario Travel Insurance For Seniors - Why The Elderly Should Plan For The Unexpected
Author: Joanne Finucan
15. Secure Your Daughter’s Future With Lic Kanyadan Plan