ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Users' Sentiments For Mumbai Property Remained Negative In 2013
Total Articles: 54
The real estate in Mumbai has reached a saturation level, with investors not too keen to launch any new projects. The reason is clear. Mumbai properties have undergone a steep prices over last one year. As a result, the demand for the same has crumbled. The projects that have already been launched are not finding any buyers. Currently, the total vacant units that this city is burdened is around 1.3 lakhs. In 2014, this number is expected to continue, thus making developers keep on ruing over poor sales. The skyrocketing prices of apartments has made it difficult to afford a property in the city.
As per a report by Knight Frank, Mumbai property is really in poor condition, with the total number of unused inventories forming 45% part of total vacant inventories in the country. This is, indeed, a vary large number, giving both the developers as well as investors sleepless nights. In the first three quarters of 2013, .i.e. Jan-Sep, the rate of new launches of properties slumped down to 26%. Since 2010, the number of new launches has declined by 40%, in the residential sector.
The trends for the peripheral localities are a little bit encouraging, as the first three quartets saw 34% all-new launches in Dombivali, Kalwa, and other suburbs. But the situation is alarming in other parts of the city: in high-end localities like Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, and several others, the number of launches this year was almost negligible. The property in Mumbai in these localities are already burdened under the influence of exodus of vacant inventories.
As the prices for most income groups have surpassed their affordability level, the buyers' negative sentiments are easy to understand. The absorption rate has sunk. As more than half of unsold residential units are those that come in 2 crore and above bracket, even the affluent class is under no position to make a purchase. In spite of the poor scenario, developers are in no mood to slash down the rates. On the other hand, they are coming up with other strategies to allure buyers. They are offering their clients with cash discounts and freebies. But such gimmicks haven't proved too beneficial.
As the property bubble has reached saturation in the city, prices are expected to correct themselves. Without the correction, there is no possibility that interest of the users in buying property shall revive. This is a big challenge ahead and it will take more than 27 months to get rid of the unused properties.
Makaan.com is a property search website where users can find 1, 2, 3 BHK flats for sale in Mumbai to buy, sell, or rent. Both commercial and residential Mumbai property, in the form of apartments, villas, shops, offices, and warehouses, is available for searching on the site.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Greenwood Houses For Sale As Easy As Possible While Taking Help Of The Best Real Estate Agent!
Author: John Pettrick
2. Invest Wisely With The Grand Forks Property For Sale While Taking Help Of A Pro!
Author: John Pettrick
3. 5 Out Of The Box Home Buying Tips - From The Top Real Estate Experts
Author: Tamanna Khatri
4. Pankaj Bajaj Eldeco: Country Needs World Class Construction Practices
5. Now Fulfill Your Dream Of Owning Affordable Homes In Gurgaon
Author: priya singh
6. Affordable Open Plots For Sale In Hyderabad Near Shamshabad
7. How To Find Your Dream Apartment For Rent Online In Shrewbury
Author: Sue Thornton
8. What Is A Property Buying Service? Here’s What You Need To Know
Author: Steve Son
9. Ramprastha-premium Apartments In Gurgaon
Author: Ramprastha Group
10. Chembur East – A Growing Residential Hub
Author: Sonali Patel
11. Why To Buy A Flat In Hallmark?
12. Guide To Real Estate Investing
13. Space For Lease Atlanta For Your Own Home
Author: Paul Roland
14. Salarpuria Sattva Misty Charm - Kanakapura Road Bangalore - Pre Launch
Author: Nilisha Sinha
15. Don’t Commit These 4 Mistakes While Buying Home From Hyderabad Real Estate
Author: Subhagruha Projects India Pvt.Ltd