ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Benefits Of School Uniforms
Total Articles: 165
SCHOOL UNIFORM BENEFITS
In reaction to growing levels of violence in our schools, many parents, teachers and school administrators have come to see school uniforms as one positive and creative way to lower discipline challenges and improve school safety.
Below are some facts provided by the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) and an NPD Group, Inc. survey:
Making Students Safer
No more "gang colors". No reason to rob a kid to get his or her expensive clothes. Plus people who don't belong are easy to spot on school grounds. Do uniforms make kids safer? 75% of schools with uniforms say "Yes".
Influencing Classroom Discipline
Almost 80% of schools with uniforms say classroom discipline has improved. Uniforms promote good behavior and provide an improved environment for learning.
Curtailing Peer Pressure
Uniforms usually reduce the competition among students to wear certain (and nearly always expensive) brands of clothing. Over 75% of schools in uniform noted a reduction in peer pressure among their students after adopting a uniform policy.
Increasing Parental Participation
The added responsibility of the parents making sure that their children wear their uniforms to school could lead to a stronger working relationship between school and home.
Improving the Learning Environment
Teachers surveyed say that uniforms promote a "down to business" approach. Kid's view uniforms as work clothes and take school more seriously. 52% of principals surveyed said that uniforms had a positive effect on student achievement.
Bolstering Self Confidence
Many studies have shown that kids with high self-esteem perform better in school. By eliminating a reason to feel self-conscious, uniforms can help improve children's self-confidence and may lead to greater class participation.
SCHOOL UNIFORM FACTS AND FIGURES
The Long Beach Unified School District was one of the first major school districts in the country to implement mandatory school uniforms for its' students. In this district, uniforms are required in Kindergarten through 8th grade in all of the elementary and middle schools, accounting for about 60,000 students. Their uniform is made up of navy or black bottoms and white tops. Many other large and small school districts have followed suit, such as New York City, San Antonio, Miami, and Chicago. Some facts provided by an NPD School Uniform Study:
- A school uniform wardrobe consists of about 13 items: 4 tops, 4 bottoms, 4 pair of socks or tights and one other accessory item.
- Households purchasing school uniforms generally spent less on children's school clothes than households buying clothing for children who attend schools with no dress codes ($103.50 versus $184.60.)
- Of the public schools with a school uniform policy, about 3/4 have a mandatory policy and 1/4 have a voluntary policy (uniforms are not required but are recommended.)
- Families in which a child wears a school uniform are generally favorable about school uniform policies. Over half believe they save money on clothes and 44% believe that their children are more focused on learning.
- A specific color is required for 90% of all school uniform tops and bottoms. Sixty percent of all individuals wearing school uniforms attend schools with a policy requiring specific colors and styles for their tops and bottoms/uniform.
At All Uniform Wear, we work closely with our schools to ensure that only the best quality uniforms are offered to your student. We are the #1 Dickies School Uniform supplier in Florida and offer 22 conveniently located retail stores to serve you. Visit us on Facebook or at alluniformwear.com
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Designer Purses For Women: Models To Look Out For
Author: Suhana Scott
2. Wear T Shirt For A Classy And Sassy Look
Author: Denesh Yadav
3. More Than A Century Old Legacy!
4. Beach Party Ideas From Beatbox Beverages - The Coolest Party Planners
5. Guide To Select Perfect Swimwear In Uk
6. The Changing Face Of Indian Fashion Industry
Author: Amaya Sharma
7. Your Love For Animals Now Revealed Through Trendy Jewelry
Author: Hugo McCoy
8. Versace, Roberto Cavalli & Missoni - A Luxury Fashion Brands For Men & Women Clothing In Delhi India
Author: Infinite Luxury
9. 3 Engagement Rings You Haven’t Considered
Author: David Smith
10. Top 10 Bridal Lehenga Trends For 2017-2018
Author: Sonali Lad
11. Beach Holiday Checklist
12. Beach Vacation Must- Haves For Men
13. Made In Usa Jeans – Right Compliment To Your Look
Author: Jeff Harmon
14. Process Of Making Cotton Clothes
Author: Cotton Source
15. Are Briefs Ideal For Summer?
Author: Andrew Joel