ALL >> Business >> View Article
How The Information Age Has Affected Aspects Of The Organizational Design And Structure
Total Articles: 7
The organizational management structure that managers perfected in the 20th century is no longer viable in the current times we live in. There are a few changes that need to be done, in light of recent developments and technological advancement.
Communication is very fluid and the hierarchical structure may need to be reviewed to facilitate communication and improve efficiency in the organization. There are three areas that need to be addressed: these are human resource, management and the overall structure.
The Organization’s Structure
The old structure involved passing down instructions from the top to lower level management and down to other layers within the organization. This form of management was much simpler to execute because people understood how it worked and what was expected of them. Training of personnel was also simple given that the structure was clear and easy to define.
However, the information age characterized by instantaneous communication meant that those involved in business development efforts had to incorporate new structures. The employees at the local level need to be empowered to respond to the information that they receive locally. The hierarchical structure will slow down the decision making process, at a time when local information needs to be acted upon in a timely fashion.
Experts have suggested a more decentralized system that allows for information to happen at the point where information is collected. The management must ensure that there are mechanisms that will define how this is done at the different levels of the organization.
Attention must also be focused on the Human resource within the organization to enable them respond to new developments. There is more training for personnel particularly on the organizational management and structure, to ensure employees can respond proactively to any new developments, without necessarily having to contact their superiors at every stage.
Personnel must be motivated to take each and every task more seriously. Incentives and performance evaluation should track each task or piece of work to ensure that employees are motivated to take on every challenge they face at the work place.
The management processes must be reviewed and the process of decision making must not only be clear to the superiors, but also the personnel at the lower levels of the organization. The processes must also factor in how information is handled at the various levels. Adapting to these changes is what each company should do to ensure Smooth Business Development.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help