ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Proper Maintenance Of Electric Infrared Heater Ensures Long Lasting Performance
Total Articles: 9
Buying an electric infrared heater is indeed a sensible idea for conserving energy, saving money and environmental safety. However, it is very important to maintain the infrared heater properly for high performance and long lasting durability.
In this article we discuss the following things that should be considered while operating an electric infrared heater to ensure long lasting performance.
Regular check the power cords and sockets
Check the power cords for their proper insulation. Prolonged usage leads to weakening and wearing out which might result in short circuit. Check the power socket by plugging in an appliance that is working properly and by checking the circuit breaker. Further, while not in use unplug the heater.
Avoid connecting the heater with an extension cord as it might lead to overload (overheating) in the wire and might result in electric fire hazard.
Clean the filter
Clean the filter as per the specifications by the company. It should be generally cleaned once in a month. Clean the filter with warm water by running the water in opposite direction of air flow till water runs clear. If required, use a mild dish washing soap. After washing allow the filter dry by dripping. Avoid any other method for drying, for instance using a dryer.
Keep combustible material away when in use
Infrared heaters cause considerable heat when they operate. Thus there is great probability of fire hazards. While using the heater, keep all inflammable (combustible) objects away from the heater that can catch fire easily such as pillows, furniture, papers, light cloth, curtains, fuels like kerosene, gasolene and other chemicals. Keep them at a distance no less than 3 feet from the sides and rear of the heater. Keep the heater in a safe place after it cools down.
Check wheels and casters (if any)
Not all infrared heaters have wheels and casters. Some have wheels, while others have casters. If the heater has wheels check for their functionality. Check for worn out ball bearings. Get the wheels serviced as specified by the manufacturer. Check out for worn out casters.
Wipe and clean the exteriors
Clean the exterior of the heater with soft damp cloth. Avoid using alcohol, abrasives for cleaning the heater. Take extreme caution to avoid water going inside the interiors of the heater. Use clean dry cloth for cleaning the front grill and exhaust pot.
Remote control batteries should be corrosion free
If you don't want to use the heater for a long period, remove the batteries of the remote from the battery compartment. This will avoid keeping exhausted battery in the remote, corrosion in the remote and consequent malfunction.
Thus, provided you maintain your infrared heater with adequate caution by following the user manual supplied by the manufacturer, the heater will last up to the number of years as assured or even more. You will realize, it was a good buy worth your money that comes with high performance and long lasting durability.
Home and Garden Articles1. Decorate Your Events With Orchid Flowers
2. Fire Extinguisher Servicing - Guidance On Maintenance Fire Fighting Equipment
3. What Fire Extinguisher Serving May Do For You
4. Fireplace Extinguisher Maintenance Is A Necessary Fire Security Measure
5. Get The New Look Kitchen Cabinet The Easiest Way
Author: David Richard
6. Best Tips For Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia During Wintertime
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. How To Protect Garden Plants This Summer?
Author: BK Vijay
8. Advantages Of Hiring A Gardener Services
Author: Georgina L Allen
9. Factors Influencing The Price Of An Air Conditioner
Author: Priya Sharma
10. 6 Simple Mower Maintenance Tips
Author: Michael Foley
11. 5 Realistic Tips To Identify The Best Moving And Storage Companies
Author: Michael Holden
12. How To Hire One Of The Best Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
13. Using The Whip Cream Dispenser For The Food To Be Tastier With Versatility
Author: Kathy Richy
14. Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes, You Want To Avoid To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Carpet
Author: Nick Koych
15. Permit You To Experience Again The Special Features Of A Floors Service Provider
Author: Partha Goswami