ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Proper Maintenance Of Electric Infrared Heater Ensures Long Lasting Performance
Total Articles: 9
Buying an electric infrared heater is indeed a sensible idea for conserving energy, saving money and environmental safety. However, it is very important to maintain the infrared heater properly for high performance and long lasting durability.
In this article we discuss the following things that should be considered while operating an electric infrared heater to ensure long lasting performance.
Regular check the power cords and sockets
Check the power cords for their proper insulation. Prolonged usage leads to weakening and wearing out which might result in short circuit. Check the power socket by plugging in an appliance that is working properly and by checking the circuit breaker. Further, while not in use unplug the heater.
Avoid connecting the heater with an extension cord as it might lead to overload (overheating) in the wire and might result in electric fire hazard.
Clean the filter
Clean the filter as per the specifications by the company. It should be generally cleaned once in a month. Clean the filter with warm water by running the water in opposite direction of air flow till water runs clear. If required, use a mild dish washing soap. After washing allow the filter dry by dripping. Avoid any other method for drying, for instance using a dryer.
Keep combustible material away when in use
Infrared heaters cause considerable heat when they operate. Thus there is great probability of fire hazards. While using the heater, keep all inflammable (combustible) objects away from the heater that can catch fire easily such as pillows, furniture, papers, light cloth, curtains, fuels like kerosene, gasolene and other chemicals. Keep them at a distance no less than 3 feet from the sides and rear of the heater. Keep the heater in a safe place after it cools down.
Check wheels and casters (if any)
Not all infrared heaters have wheels and casters. Some have wheels, while others have casters. If the heater has wheels check for their functionality. Check for worn out ball bearings. Get the wheels serviced as specified by the manufacturer. Check out for worn out casters.
Wipe and clean the exteriors
Clean the exterior of the heater with soft damp cloth. Avoid using alcohol, abrasives for cleaning the heater. Take extreme caution to avoid water going inside the interiors of the heater. Use clean dry cloth for cleaning the front grill and exhaust pot.
Remote control batteries should be corrosion free
If you don't want to use the heater for a long period, remove the batteries of the remote from the battery compartment. This will avoid keeping exhausted battery in the remote, corrosion in the remote and consequent malfunction.
Thus, provided you maintain your infrared heater with adequate caution by following the user manual supplied by the manufacturer, the heater will last up to the number of years as assured or even more. You will realize, it was a good buy worth your money that comes with high performance and long lasting durability.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi