ALL >> General >> View Article
Why Goat Skin Leather Is Primarily Used To Make Bomber Jackets
Total Articles: 17
When it comes to choose the most durable and bendable clothing material that not just captures body heat but also protects the person extremely well from the bitter cold outside than the first material that will strike our mind is ‘leather’. But have you ever wondered from where does the leather come from? Basically, leather is not just the skin of a dead animal but it is a material that is created through the process of tanning of hides and skins of animals. If we turn the pages of history, we will find that the primitive man hunted wild animals for food and thus he removed the hides and skins from the dead animal and use the same for tents, clothing and footwear. Today also we use animal skin in clothing and footwear. What has been changed is the tanning procedure, earlier the animal skin was tanned naturally but today leather tanning involves multi-step process by experienced tanners.
However, leather can be made of any type of animal skin like goats, snakes, raccoon, ostriches etc. But leather is highly manufactured from the skin of cow, buffalo, pig, golf, calf, lamb etc. A complete leather manufacturing process involves various stages, like the first is preparatory stage where the hide or skin is prepared for tanning. Preparatory stage includes preservation, soaking, liming, hair removing, fleshing, splitting, re-liming, de-liming, bating, degreasing, frizzing, bleaching, pickling and than de-picking. After this rigorous preliminary stage, tanning process is commenced that involves the conversion of raw hide or skin into stable material which is highly suitable for variety of high-end products. There are plethoras of leather tannery manufacturers available today that offer top-quality genuine leather.
If we compare or discuss the qualities of buffalo leather with cow leather, we will find many similarities. There is a slight difference between both in terms of thickness and flexibility. As the fibers in buffalo leather are widely-spaced and thicker hence the material gives excellent temperature adaptation. The apparels made up of buffalo leather give a comfortable and relaxing feeling in all temperatures i.e., both in summers and winters. Frankly speaking, no other leather can surpass the sturdiness and toughness of buffalo leather.
Typically, buffalo leather is tanned via traditional method which is also termed as ‘brain tanning’. The tanning process uses organic materials like liver, brains, bone marrow, castor and other natural oils. The process also involves wood smoke. Smoking the leather is a conventional method that allows leather to stay soft and supple even in damp condition. Buffalo hide is a good choice for upholstery, bags and shoes. All across the world, leather is the material which is synonymous with high quality, sturdiness and stylishness.
General Articles1. Reasons To Get Your Archery Equipment From A Reputed Bows Shop
Author: Zack Ayala
2. The Best All-in-one Printers At Offix
Author: kiven Sea
3. Carbon Folding Bike – Lightweight Folding Bike Is More Comfortable!
Author: Paul Pinigis
4. Freeze Your Big Day With The Perfect Wedding Photography In Sydney
Author: parveen kumar
5. Symptoms That Raise Pancreatic Cancer Alarm Bells
6. Als Sieger Des Ultimativen Prom-pakets Im März
7. Masonry Contractor - Bricks, Mortar, Stone, And More
Author: Cory Frank
8. Reasons Why You Should Hire A Commercial Photographer In Sydney
Author: Roman Wolczak Photographer
9. Masonry & Landscaping Maintenance Specialists - Make Your Home Exteriors Look Beautiful
Author: Cory Frank
10. World Best Online Marketing Website
Author: World Best Online Marketing website
11. Picking The Best Holiday Package Deals
Author: parveen kumar
12. Unsung Heroes Awarded For Serving The Community
13. Best Packers And Movers From Kanpur, Top Packers And Movers In India
14. 2 Reasons Equipment Leasing Comes In Handy When Running A Food Service Business
15. Hire A Travel Agent & Get Maximum Benefit
Author: Richad Johnson